DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed distance?

KrazyKraut

Reactions
I am new to fpv and new to the forum as well, so first off, hello everyone.
Today I tried my first somewhat long distance flight with the Mavic. I had my ipad mini hooked up but was using the DJI goggles. I was flying in a very open space (field with a small tree here and there). I got to a litlle over a mile away and while my TX range was still good (3 out of 5 bars) the video feed in the goggles started to get blurry and started to cut out. I didn't think to check if the ipad was doing the same thing, rather got nervous and turned the mavic around to fly back. The video feed returned to normal.
Is there a setting that needs to be changed or what is the problem here? My liveview is set to normal 720p30 on both, the goggles and ipad. This sure would suck if I had plenty of range between TX and Mavic but can't see because of no video feed.
Any ideas?

Are the antennas at a 45 degree angle facing towards the drone? I have had my drone out over 1 mile with only losing 1 bar on signal meter

Yes they were at 45 degrees. However like I said, I still had plenty of range between transmitter and Mavic. The problem was video feed through the goggles.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ