DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed getting weird?

laura schlenker

Reactions
Hi everyone, I've got about 14 hours and 74 flights on my mavic now, I just took mavic from Boise Idaho to our farm in North Dakota. In Idaho this didn't happen but for some odd reason here on the farm that is pretty much flat no obstacles when I get out about a mile or so my video starts to break up , and get laggy , loose the pic I have no idea why this is happening in such a short distance, and this is my first drone. Any ideas why this is happening? When this starts to happen I turn around and come home because I'm not sure what's going to happen next. Thank you

I had exactly the same experience the first time I traveled with my Mavic. It would keep loosing the video feed even when I was standing just next to it. Thought it was some kind of interference on the new location, but in fact turned out to be the USB cable that came with the Mavic that has some issues.

If you didn't already try it, you can connect the cable that came with your phone directly to the USB port in the center of the remote (make sure to remove the side cable when doing that). That solved this problem for me.

Hi everyone, I've got about 14 hours and 74 flights on my mavic now, I just took mavic from Boise Idaho to our farm in North Dakota. In Idaho this didn't happen but for some odd reason here on the farm that is pretty much flat no obstacles when I get out about a mile or so my video starts to break up , and get laggy , loose the pic I have no idea why this is happening in such a short distance, and this is my first drone. Any ideas why this is happening? When this starts to happen I turn around and come home because I'm not sure what's going to happen next. Thank you
Hi thanks, unfortunately that's not my issue the setup you suggested is exactly how I am setup and always have been since owning the mavic.

Howdy laura schlenker, do you have a lot of minerals in the ground up North Dakota way (iron, pyrite, gold?) that can suck the signal pretty quickly.

The whole point of this suggestion is to try something different from your usual setup to eliminate things like a faulty cable or port.
I totally understand , and yes I did . I've tried different cables ,and have the same issue.

I'm not sure about that to be honest.
Out here on my ranch there are some areas I can fly forever and other spots (where I know there is Iron and other mixed minerals) I lose video quickly. If I constantly play with the antennas I can usually get it back for awhile; I just avoid those areas. Good Luck.

Out here on my ranch there are some areas I can fly forever and other spots (where I know there is Iron and other mixed minerals) I lose video quickly. If I constantly play with the antennas I can usually get it back for awhile; I just avoid those areas. Good Luck.
Our yard has a large amount of steel bins, they are not in between me and the bird but we have tons of them, could that cause the issue?

Our yard has a large amount of steel bins, they are not in between me and the bird but we have tons of them, could that cause the issue?
I do not think that would be enough to cause an issue.

Ok, now i took it out for a almost 2 mile flight, and the video was fine but for the very first time it said it lost satellite signal and went into atti mode? I had 17 satellites! And it let me fly it back to me were at some point it regained it's satellite connection.. WTH is going on. My bird has been perfect for 74 flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS