DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed pixelated since upgrade to V01.04.0100

Robert S

Reactions
I have just upgraded my firmware on my MP and have upgraded DJI Go 4 to the latest version (4.1.18). The video feed to my phone is pixelated and severely distorted (see image). The footage on the SD card is fine.

I've tried reinstalling the firmware on both the MP and the controller but the problems persists.

Also, the video stop/start doesn't work on Litchi. The video feed on Litchi is OK.

I suspect that this is a firmware problem. Is it worth downgrading it (if possible - no old versions appear on the DJI Assist 2 app anymore)?View attachment 25532

I'm running Android 6.0. Was working fine until the upgrade.

Can somebody advise?

Screenshot_20171125-164403.png

Had the same thing too and also kept disconnecting to my tablet. Ended up down-grading DJI GO4 to the earlier version of 4.1.15 and solved the problem. Only thing now I don't have the Pano option which was the reason for upgrading. :(
Running on Android 5.1

I've just done the downgrade and a quick fly in the back yard worked OK.

A previous poster said that you could do a 360/spherical pano by taking a 360 video at the appropriate angles and stitching it with the free MS Image Composite Editor - you can get it free here: Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research. I haven't used it for this yet, but I've used it for other panoramas.

I suspect that would be a lot faster than taking individual pictures. Litchi can also do spherical panos.

Looks like this is a botched DJI Go update as opposed to firmware. On some android devices .18 produces completely unusable, pixellated and lagging video. Yet again it seems they did little to no testing before release.
The work around is to install an older version from apkmirror currently.

I believe there's some talk in this thread about that . Mine was or is fine on IOS . Firmware : v01.04.0100

Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and went out to try out the Pano modes, as soon as I powered everything up I got the same blocky, laggy feed. I use a Acer Ioconia One tablet for flying plugged into the USB port at the bottom of the controller for most flights. I immediately landed and powered everything off and back on but still all blocky.
I then switched over to my phone, a OnePlus 3 plugged into the side USB port, again same problem so it’s not the device or USB port or cable.
Last night I got a alert for a update for the dji go app so updated the phone and tablet and went out this morning for another try.
Again as soon as I took off the feed went blocky and laggy so I hovered and disconnected the tablet and swapped over to the phone and the image was perfect, I flew for about 20mins without any issues.
I landed to swap batteries then when I took off again no problems so while hovering I swapped over to the tablet and the feed was fine.
So The next thing I tried was landing and powering everything off and back on. As soon as I took off it went all blocky again so while hovering I unplugged the usb cable from the tablet, waited a few seconds then plugged it back in and the feed was perfect for the rest of the flight.
It’s worth trying this if your having the same problems, it might work for you as a workaround until dji get to the root of the problem

The proven working solution currently is to just install an older version of Go 4

Reactions: raffi
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and went out to try out the Pano modes, as soon as I powered everything up I got the
So The next thing I tried was landing and powering everything off and back on. As soon as I took off it went all blocky again so while hovering I unplugged the usb cable from the tablet, waited a few seconds then plugged it back in and the feed was perfect for the rest of the flight.
It’s worth trying this if your having the same problems, it might work for you as a workaround until dji get to the root of the problem

Tried that too as it has helped at times, but not with this latest DJI GO4 update. Also it kept 'Disconnecting and Reconnecting', not a good thing when you need to watch where you're going. Will wait to see if they fix it with the next update and will try again.

I've just done the downgrade and a quick fly in the back yard worked OK.

A previous poster said that you could do a 360/spherical pano by taking a 360 video at the appropriate angles and stitching it with the free MS Image Composite Editor - you can get it free here: Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research. I haven't used it for this yet, but I've used it for other panoramas.

I suspect that would be a lot faster than taking individual pictures. Litchi can also do spherical panos.

Will have to give the program a try. (Image Composite Editor)

same problem here..
I got my mavic pro last Friday and I wasn't able to use it at all because of this I'm thinking I should return it

I have just upgraded my firmware on my MP and have upgraded DJI Go 4 to the latest version (4.1.18). The video feed to my phone is pixelated and severely distorted (see image). The footage on the SD card is fine.

I've tried reinstalling the firmware on both the MP and the controller but the problems persists.

Also, the video stop/start doesn't work on Litchi. The video feed on Litchi is OK.

I suspect that this is a firmware problem. Is it worth downgrading it (if possible - no old versions appear on the DJI Assist 2 app anymore)?View attachment 25532

I'm running Android 6.0. Was working fine until the upgrade.

Can somebody advise?

View attachment 25533
I had the same problem with my Samsung tab a and motor z. I left the new firmware on and found the 4.1.10 on both my devices, and that fixed my pixel problem. No panoramic, but at least I can fly.

The proven working solution currently is to just install an older version of Go 4

Reactions: raffi
thanks you :) i have been stressed from 3 days. did IMU Cal 2 times compass cal 5 times and vision cal idk how many times.
DJI need to improve there software glitches.

thanks again

Yes, I also had the same problem and downgraded to 4.1.15 after trying several other things and that solved the issue for me as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore