DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video File Size & Small Red Mao Pointer

fiftiesnut

Reactions
On two different occasions when I was filming a longer than usual flight, the video stopped recording as the recording reached 4gig. Is this normal or is there a setting to change?

I have had this explained once before but I am still a bit confused when in comes to the direction the drone is pointing when not visible. I know there a couple tiny objects at the corners of the small map at the bottom of the screen. I think one represents a padlock. I thought I had it figured out but when returning from some distance to the starting point, I had the arrow pointing back to me (where I was standing) but it actually was flying somewhat toward me but about 25 degrees to my left. It was only when it got close enough for me to hear it did I realize its direction. Keep in mind I am 79 years old and sometimes it takes a while for something to soak in or be understood. Any help will be appreciated.

I also have a DJI 3 Advanced but do not remember having the direction confusion with it.

On two different occasions when I was filming a longer than usual flight, the video stopped recording as the recording reached 4gig. Is this normal or is there a setting to change?
Videos will always be split into a second file when the file reaches 4 GB. Other than stopping the video before it reaches that point, there is no way to prevent the file from splitting. You can join the files using a video editor.

I have had this explained once before but I am still a bit confused when in comes to the direction the drone is pointing when not visible. I know there a couple tiny objects at the corners of the small map at the bottom of the screen.
The drone is depicted as a red aircraft symbol on the attitude indicator (at the bottom, left corner of DJI GO when visible) and on the map. The tip of that red triangle points toward the direction the aircraft is facing.

I have had this explained once before but I am still a bit confused when in comes to the direction the drone is pointing when not visible. I know there a couple tiny objects at the corners of the small map at the bottom of the screen. I think one represents a padlock. I thought I had it figured out but when returning from some distance to the starting point, I had the arrow pointing back to me (where I was standing) but it actually was flying somewhat toward me but about 25 degrees to my left. It was only when it got close enough for me to hear it did I realize its direction. Keep in mind I am 79 years old and sometimes it takes a while for something to soak in or be understood. Any help will be appreciated.

I also have a DJI 3 Advanced but do not remember having the direction confusion with it.
Hi Fifties! Start watching this video at 3:10 for my take on the attitude indicator.

Reactions: turnercat
Thank you. I appreciate all the effort you went to in helping me with this. To help me understand what I saw, he was able to confirm what direction from him the Mavic was. At the same time, it looked to me like the Mavic was always facing away from him. If that being the case, what would it look like if he turned the Mavic so it was heading back to the home point. I will play with this aspect at my first opportunity. Thanks again.

I would also like to thank you for the information on the size of a video recording. When you say it splits, do you mean it stops recording at 4gig and immediately starts a new recording?

Yes. Seamless video, but split.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1