DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video glitching when recording

droneuser

Reactions
when I play back the video that the mavic recorded on the Sd card I get some video glitching :(

The sd card I am using is the stock one that comes with the mavic

is there a setting I am missing?

Thanks

I should add it was record in in a mp4 file

also it have the cache video on and that seems to look good no glitches

a fyi I have my video recording set to 720/30

when I play back the video that the mavic recorded on the Sd card I get some video glitching
Copy the video files to your computer before attempting to play them.

yes that's what I did cause I thought at first it was the ipad but still does it on pc to :(

I am going to format the sd card thru the go 4 app I think I saw a setting in there for that

I will try to get a small clip of it later today

hummm I anyone know of a free program for windows that I can "cut" out a part in a video? and with that "cut" out part make a video?

Thanks

one way to explain it is it will "glitch" to a "fame" that was record a min or so before when it "glitches" it does it for a half a sec if that like a flicker

I am having the same (I think) issue. Video is very choppy, pixellated and unusable. Mavic is approximately 3 weeks old. Never crashed, about 15 flights total within sight. 1st couple videos did not have this problem, started last weekend. Still photos appear okay, just video. Disappointed to say the least - hoping for easy cure.

Surprisingly the Windows 10 Photo viewer can clip out sections from video and save them as new files.

* Usually * problems with playback are due to the computer barely coping, especially with 4K
Sometimes a different player will work better. I find Windows Media Player is good as anything on a borderline laptop, however you might need updated video codecs.

A further pitfall is trying to play back without first downloading the file to computer.
Even if you take out the card and have a built in card reader the transfer speed might not be fast enough to play from it, but a USB3 card reader in a (blue) USB3 socket might be OK
The phone cached recording is usually only 720p and a much lower bitrate too.

Reactions: Kilrah
Surprisingly the Windows 10 Photo viewer can clip out sections from video and save them as new files.

* Usually * problems with playback are due to the computer barely coping, especially with 4K
Sometimes a different player will work better. I find Windows Media Player is good as anything on a borderline laptop, however you might need updated video codecs.

A further pitfall is trying to play back without first downloading the file to computer.
Even if you take out the card and have a built in card reader the transfer speed might not be fast enough to play from it, but a USB3 card reader in a (blue) USB3 socket might be OK
The phone cached recording is usually only 720p and a much lower bitrate too.

I transfer the file to the pc hard drive

also I don't see the glitch thru the dji goggles when flying ( could be its there but it so fast I don't see it???) ...so I am thinking it a "write" issue

Either card too slow to record or your PC too slow to play back. Which is why people ask for a sample, if it doesn't stutter for us then your PC is simply too slow and you should reduce resolution.

Either card too slow to record or your PC too slow to play back. Which is why people ask for a sample, if it doesn't stutter for us then your PC is simply too slow and you should reduce resolution.

yes I am going to try to get a clip of it but it did it on the ipad to when playing back the sd card I am using is the one that came with the mavic

also I am trying to find a free software that lets me cut that clip out so its not a 4 gig size

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato