DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Image Freezes on Screen in DJI Go4 App

MDJ

Reactions
Hi,

I've had a problem recently where, on a couple of occasions while I am recording a video, the video images freezes on the screen of my phone and does not change. The rest of the app seems to work properly but the video image does not change as I steer the drone. I'm using the latest version of the app using iOS on an iPhone 6s.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening and suggestions as to what I should do when it happens? I'm relatively new to this so I don't want to lose control of my Mavic Pro. As a result, whenever it happened I land and then reboot everything which seems to solve the problem but is a pain. Any suggestions as to what I could do to resolve this while still continuing the flight?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marcus

Reactions: kei888
First. Make sure your cable between the phone and RC is good. Most have better luck with a quality OEM cable for the phone plugged into the full size usb in the bottom of the RC. Make sure to remove the cable completely from the side usb.
Second, make sure the phone has plenty of free resources. Shut down every app but DJI go4. It is good practice to shut the iPhone completely off and restart it before flight.
If you get lots of calls,texts,and notifications, put the phone in airplane mode to shut off wifi Bluetooth and cellular traffic.
Also make sure IOS is up to date, software and firmware also needs to be up to date.

Do everything what @ac0j recommends but just to put your mind at rest it’s not going to be a phone issue. I use the same iPhone with 0 problems.

Thank you both. I suspect that it could be because the storage on the phone is maxed out. Time to do some spring (winter?) cleaning and get rid of the apps I'm not using.

Thanks again.

Thank you both. I suspect that it could be because the storage on the phone is maxed out. Time to do some spring (winter?) cleaning and get rid of the apps I'm not using.

Thanks again.

My iPhone is used purely for flying, only the basic apps & no photos. It was an old phone I had lying around sooooo I thought I’d put it to some use.

Works great;)

Thanks again.
That would be a problem. The Mavic needs storage space to cache video. Delete as much as you can live without on the phone then reboot it.

If the app does misbehave, you don't have to land the AC. You can just restart the app.

Of course use judgement. If you're already near the end of your flight, just cut it short.

If the app does misbehave, you don't have to land the AC. You can just restart the app.

Of course use judgement. If you're already near the end of your flight, just cut it short.

Remember he’s a new pilot who needs to gain experience with flying & understanding all the controls.

It doesn’t say anything in the manual about rebooting the app while in flight so he’s not to know.

He will learn all of these things from this forum & your answer, spot on by the way.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
I admit it can be unnerving.
Just Friday my app quit. OK, no problem, AC just hovers when I let go of controls while I restart app. Then I remembered I was in Tap Fly. PAUSE!
It turned out I wasn't in any danger of hitting an obstacle but I was off course (was in the midst of course change) and could have encountered an undetected obstacle.

Anyone know if any intelligent flight modes will continue if you lose RC signal? If so, which?
I know on Phantoms, Waypoints would continue if signal is lost, but alas M2 doesn't have waypoints.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu