DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video issues

That's a class 1, meaning a minimum of 10MB/s. The 100mbps is 12.5MB/s, and I have heard of some people saying there are issues with after continuous writing due to buffering.

That is a U1 card and I was recording in 1080P 30 or 60fps, can't really recall the frame rate but it was 30 or 60 at 1080p.

Nah fw or not he still needs a u3 card. For sure

Format in the drone...not the computer. I had problems when I formatted my card in the computer and then stuck it in my drone...so I always just format my card inside the Drone under camera settings but yeah man definitely need a faster card

Reactions: Stevenas
I found this in my camera bag. Will it work? Better?

View attachment 31753
Exactly ....with up to 100mb/s and 90 mb/s read and write speeds. yes that will work perfectly. Has more than enough speed and can write a 3gb video to a laptop in 38 seconds. So yea its good. Lol I was just checking out the specs on it..... it's nice, it's what you needed. Best buy has the 128gb for 39.99 right now might pick me up an extra card!

DJI Mavic SD card specs.

. . . . . supports micro SD cards up to 64 GB. A UHS-1 micro SD card is recommended due to their fast read and write speeds allowing you to save high-resolution video data.

Google Fastest SD Cards
Mine came with a u1 card and it doesn't work...........got a u3 and all is good!

Hi

Just taken my new Mavic air on a couple of test flights after setting it up and updating firmware on drone and controller. Seemed to fly fine but the video was stuttery and jerky as also described by Stevenas – I was using 1920 x 1080 x 30fps.

This is uploaded straight from the card to You Tube here without editing:

(most noticeable from 45 secs on)
NB view the videos in HD quality to see effect

I was using a Sandisk 32gb class 10 that worked fine in my Phantom 4, but thought I’d better get a really higher spec card just in case. While waiting for it to arrive thought I’d try the obvious (obvious only after ordering the new card :) BTW) which was to use the internal memory as a test.

Although I just switched to internal SD card when prompted (as I hadn’t put my card in) from some reason best known to itself the mavic switched itself to 1920 x 1080 x 60 fps (which I only discovered when downloading the film) but that must surely be well within capacity of internal card as it was not even 4K.

When I connected to the PC and downloaded the file (yes I was lucky it connected as an external drive – others have been less lucky) this was still jerky and stuttery on rotation and ascent/descent and also worse than my Phantom 4.

This is also uploaded straight from the internal card to You Tube here without editing:

(most noticeable from 2m 0 secs on)

Not impressed and if you haven’t tried pushing and pulling an SD card in and out of the Air yet make sure you’ve got some glasses, a pair of tweezers and a nerves of steel :)

Any suggestions please on the video problem?

Hi

Just taken my new Mavic air on a couple of test flights after setting it up and updating firmware on drone and controller. Seemed to fly fine but the video was stuttery and jerky as also described by Stevenas – I was using 1920 x 1080 x 30fps.

This is uploaded straight from the card to You Tube here without editing:

(most noticeable from 45 secs on)

I was using a Sandisk 32gb class 10 that worked fine in my Phantom 4, but thought I’d better get a really higher spec card just in case. While waiting for it to arrive thought I’d try the obvious (obvious only after ordering the new card :) BTW) which was to use the internal memory as a test.

Although I just switched to internal SD card when prompted (as I hadn’t put my card in) from some reason best known to itself the mavic switched itself to 1920 x 1080 x 60 fps (which I only discovered when downloading the film) but that must surely be well within capacity of internal card as it was not even 4K.

When I connected to the PC and downloaded the file (yes I was lucky it connected as an external drive – others have been less lucky) this was still jerky and stuttery on rotation and ascent/descent and also worse than my Phantom 4.

This is also uploaded straight from the internal card to You Tube here without editing:

(most noticeable from 2m 0 secs on)

Not impressed and if you haven’t tried pushing and pulling an SD card in and out of the Air yet make sure you’ve got some glasses, a pair of tweezers and a nerves of steel :)

Any suggestions please on the video problem?

Do you have a SD card that support 100mb/s? Also try to format the SD card.

I used that exact card in my Air and also had frame stuttering and dropping, also the footage was a bit blurry, was hopeless (but was fine in the Mavic Pro!), went to a Sandisk U3 and perfect video from then on!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada