DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video "Jerky" in both 4k and 1080

jaguar75

Reactions
SO I have flown several times and been experimenting with different video settings and I can seem to "fix" the Jerky footage that I am gettting. It is getting very annoying. I have been searching this on google and all of the threads I am seeing are old and dont talk much about GO 4. I am using a Note 8 to connect to my controller. Any suggestions?

Do you mean jerky video on the note 8’s display while flying or the actual video files on the memory card? If the latter do you have a short clip as an example?

Mike

Reactions: Bunny Too
Yes, there are multiple areas that can affect this.

Is the jerkyness during a YAW using the controller and viewing the live video feed on the Note 8?
Is the jerkyness during video playback from the cached video when viewed on the Note 8?
Is the jerkyness during video playback from the Micro SD Card when it is removed from the Mavic Pro and the video is viewed from the Micro SD Card on a computer?

There are other jerkyness scenarios , but those are the top 3.
Have you closed all other applications on the Note 8 when flying and even gone so far as to optimize the tablets resources so that DJIGO4 is just about the only app that is using the tablets resources? Have you tried flying in Airplane Mode to turn off many other resources?

What version of firmware is on the Mavic Pro and what version of DJIGO4?

Yes, there are multiple areas that can affect this.

Is the jerkyness during a YAW using the controller and viewing the live video feed on the Note 8?
Is the jerkyness during video playback from the cached video when viewed on the Note 8?
Is the jerkyness during video playback from the Micro SD Card when it is removed from the Mavic Pro and the video is viewed from the Micro SD Card on a computer?

There are other jerkyness scenarios , but those are the top 3.
Have you closed all other applications on the Note 8 when flying and even gone so far as to optimize the tablets resources so that DJIGO4 is just about the only app that is using the tablets resources? Have you tried flying in Airplane Mode to turn off many other resources?

What version of firmware is on the Mavic Pro and what version of DJIGO4?
So the answer to the 3 questions above is yes. I have not tried to fly in Airplane mode but I will that. I closed all of the apps on the phone that were running in background before flying. I am using v4.2.6 on the phone and I do not know what is on the MPP cause its at home.

So the answer to the 3 questions above is yes. I have not tried to fly in Airplane mode but I will that. I closed all of the apps on the phone that were running in background before flying. I am using v4.2.6 on the phone and I do not know what is on the MPP cause its at home.

The jerkiness could be from your computer as well, some computers don't do well with bigger 1080 and higher video files, especially when reading straight from the sd card. . I had to upgrade my computer to edit my video's after I got the Mavic. I didn't have the same problems with my Phantom 3 standard.

It could be that your frame rate (shutter speed) and ISO are not set properly. I experience this when shooting in auto settings with no filter @ 2.7k. Once you can post up a clip, others may be able to help you troubleshoot your issue.

Reactions: badgenes
I have the same problem with video jerking when yawing/panning Have attached a video for you perusal, appreciate your comments on fixing this problem. I have a MavicPro.

mine from the phone is horrible, jerky, fuzzy and etc. Not viewable at all. However, the video and pictures from the SD card is acceptable.

I mean videos from the phone screen. The sd card is ok when viewed from computer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98