DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Lag and Flight Log

Shaggy505

Reactions
Noob here and apologies that I couldn't figure this out from earlier threads. Just over week in with Mavic. Shot some video today in 2.7k 30 fps and playing back on my macbook air mid 2011, OSX capitan, 1.8 ghz intel i7, 4gb 1333 ram mhz ddr3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MBn in VLC, Quicktime and iMovie and there are "lags" playing back the video locally not from the sd. "Seems" to playback fine on my iphone 7 plus now, but when outside and played back while connected via iphone on usb cable it lagged a bit but not now with it connected via usb in the house. Does this mean the mavic is fine just either the playback software or my mac is too old or both aren't capable of playing the video without lag? I was looking at getting adobe premier elements 15? Using the sd card that came with Mavic. I had a almost a dozen flights this afternoon but when I looked at my flight log only two show up in dji go 4 app? The controller, mavic and software are all up to date. Was flying on beach over water with 15 to 14 satellites, never said signal was bad and was able to use tracking and tripod. Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the rambling! Happy labor day weekend for those in the US!

... in VLC, Quicktime and iMovie and there are "lags" playing back the video locally not from the sd. "Seems" to playback fine on my iphone 7 plus now, but when outside and played back while connected via iphone on usb cable it lagged a bit but not now with it connected via usb in the house.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean playing from the hard drive of the laptop and not reading from the SD card? Or do you mean connected via USB card and reading from the drone? Or something else?

Does this mean the mavic is fine just either the playback software or my mac is too old or both aren't capable of playing the video without lag?

Almost assuredly it's the hardware or software you're playing it with, not the recorded video of the Mavic.

I was looking at getting adobe premier elements 15? Using the sd card that came with Mavic.

That's a decent software to use. Make sure your computer is capable of keeping up with your editing/rendering needs.

I had a almost a dozen flights this afternoon but when I looked at my flight log only two show up in dji go 4 app?

A dozen flights in one afternoon? Really? How many batteries do you have? Are you counting a flight as a takeoff and landing? Or between power-ups of the drone? Are all your locations/flight details included in those 2 flights recorded?

Playing from the hard drive of mac and yes take off and landing with a couple battery power downs with two batteries. I rambled so I see how that's confusing! So most likely lag could be from my mac being older? Is it logical that my iPhone 7 plus has better gpu and proc than the 2011 MacBook Air? My work pc laptop just died so have to try when new one comes to rule that out. Thank you!

Two batteries = 2 flights. Otherwise, you'd have literally dozens of flights if you keep landing and taking off.

And yes, your hardware may be a bit outdated/ not powerful enough. It's not just the processor but the GPU cannot handle it. I have a very powerful desktop with a good GPU and it lags playing 4K all the time. Your cell phone doesn't display in 2.7K so it's down-sampling to 1080 (I'm pretty sure), so the playback doesn't hiccup because it doesn't have to display the higher resolution.

Two batteries = 2 flights. Otherwise, you'd have literally dozens of flights if you keep landing and taking off.

And yes, your hardware may be a bit outdated/ not powerful enough. It's not just the processor but the GPU cannot handle it. I have a very powerful desktop with a good GPU and it lags playing 4K all the time. Your cell phone doesn't display in 2.7K so it's down-sampling to 1080 (I'm pretty sure), so the playback doesn't hiccup because it doesn't have to display the higher resolution.

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair