DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video losing quality on YouTube

Abs

Reactions
Please help. I'm a complete noob to droning and photography. I watched plenty of videos on YouTube prior to buying my Mavic Pro so I felt confident.

Last on my first flight I kept all the settings as standard and took a night video of the skyline in 720p. When I used the DJI GO app to create my video the quality did not look great, then when I uploaded it to YouTube and it downgraded the quality further to 480p.

I'm obviously not following the right purpose so please can someone give me a step by step guide on what to do once I've recorded the video. Or post a link to a video.

Here is a link of the video on YouTube,

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Shoot in full 4K, and upload the original MicroSD recorded 4K video to YouTube without making any changes on YouTube (even adding audio on YouTube will dumb it down to 1080p), and it will play back at up to 2160p 4K from YouTube (change the YouTube Quality setting to 2160p instead of Auto) on a monitor and video card capable of that 2160p display resolution. Otherwise, edit in 4K in Premiere and upload the rendered 4K output to YouTube at the highest quality. The DJI Go app can only edit the 720p video cache on the phone, and will never get better. Also, make sure the Mavic focus is manually set to infinity, by focusing on something at least 60m away. Upload the video without audio to see if you can get at least 720p on YouTube. Lastly, turn down the speed of both the Yaw and the Gimbal for smoother, slower pans and elevations.:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks GadgetGuy.

Sorry to sound really dumb here but how do I upload from the original MicroSD? Would I connect the micro USB into the actual Mavic and connect that to my pc? Or put the MicroSD into a card reader connected to my pc? Then download it and then upload it to YouTube via a web browser?

Put the MicroSD card into a reader connected to your PC (and don't forget to put a replacement MicroSD card into the Mavic) to download and save it, and then upload it directly to YouTube via a web browser. You can also upload directly to YouTube from the MicroSD card in the reader, but that won't leave you with a local copy of the original, except on the MicroSD card, which you will want to eventually format and reuse.

Reactions: Abs
The Go app thing is made for a quick, low quality "share the moment result". Obviously if you want something decent you take the original footage from the card and edit it in a proper editing suite.

Reactions: Abs
Thanks for all your help guys. Really appreciate it. Can you now recommend an editing program that quite user friendly for Windows pleasE?

I've uploaded a HD version

Thanks for all your help guys. Really appreciate it. Can you now recommend an editing program that quite user friendly for Windows pleasE?

I've uploaded a HD version
Looks like some hanky panky going on in the rooftop pool! ;)
Adobe Premier Pro CC 2017 is the new standard, to which others will be compared. As a student, you can get it for $20 per month as part of the CC Suite, which includes Photoshop and Lightroom.

It does look like that lol. Caught them in action.

Thanks once again for your help, looks like Adobe Premier Pro it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000