DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video - Noosa Heads River Mouth

SeaComms

Reactions
Ok, so after looking at this I think I really need to get some filters, the sun is pretty strong down here, and this is almost winter! (water temp is still 22.6° celcius)..

Anyway, enjoy a tour around the river mouth of Noosa Heads, QLD, Australia. The last scene of the water behind the boat is full of mullet - 100's or probably 1000's of them. They were there the whole time I was there and were jumping and splashing and carrying on so much I though one would land in the boat.

This was the first flight after successfully upgrading to .700, which went through no probs. The first battery was spent entirely over solid ground, just getting a feel for anything weird - tested several things including RTH and everything worked perfectly so got a little more adventurous.

Cheers, Dave.

Filmed at 2.7k 25fps, D-Cinema, +1,0,0, No filters, no post production changes, just edited in Shotcut and exported at 1080p.

Thanks Doug. Have been a resident for 25 years now and only once seen it from that perspective! They used to have the 'red Baron' flying joy flights from the local airstrip many moons ago and the ex wife bought me a ticket for a birthday.

Must say though my video looks a bit washed out, I would love to shoot the same with some filters. Might also look into using LUT on Shotcut and see if I can improve things.

Had a blast though, first time I have tried out there and was nervous with the water side of things and all the horror stories of .700 update issues. But it never missed a beat, tested RTH a few times and was amazed at the accuracy. Only once of 3 times was it off target, and then by only 20cm.

Also tested out the POI mode and was really impressed until I got home to edit and realised I didn't record it!

As an ex semi-professional still photographer the one filter I think everyone should have in their range is a polariser. Whether you use a screw on or a frame mounted one will depend on your lens fittings. You could also consider neutral density filters of varying strengths and if you want to get even more daring there are many coloured filters that you can use for artistic effects. I'll let you know when I'm coming up your way next and I'll bring my gear with me so you can see it in person.

Reactions: SeaComms
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada