DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video playback help

William Ball

Reactions
I have the DJI goggles (white). My issue is viewing a video with the goggles. I took a 5 min mpeg 4 video with my mavic air and imported the video in to my mac. (i photo). I then copied the movie to the SD card in my goggles and saved it to the DJI movie folder. When I fire up the goggles it shows an image of a broken file and will not play the movie. I copied another flight I did last summer with my phantom 3 advanced to the same folder on the goggles and it plays fine. I checked the file size on each movie. The one shot on the mavic air is 2.7K 60 FPS cinelike d format, file size 2720 x 1530. The older video from the phantom is 1920x 1080. What is going on here? will the goggles not playback 2.7 k from a SD card? Should I not import the videos to iphoto before coping them to the goggles? Any help would be appreciated.

More information.
First, what is the sd card, quality and speed and size.
Two, what format did you use. Many issues ares solved by a reformat using the goggles reformat.
Goggles live in Android and Apple doesn't. Apple like Fat 32. Check what format was used.

I formatted the card in the goggles and it has all the folders, Photos, pano , movies, and so on. I put the card in to the mac and it "sees" it and I simply copy the saved videos (from my iphoto library) to the card, then re-insert it in to the goggles. It is funny how it played the 1080p file from last summer that was copied to it from iphoto, but it did not play the 2.7K cinelike D file. I am going to do some experiments next time I get a chance to fly. I'll shoot several videos in different formats from the MA. Then I'll transfer them to the goggle card directly. Not going through Iphoto first and see what I get. I'll report back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica