DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Playback Problems

Nonprophet

Reactions
Just got my Air 2 yesterday. Took it out to our local lake for some late afternoon pics and vids. Drone flew great! Really looking forward to testing it all.

I am having a problem though.

Just now going through my video footage. the very first clip I shot plays back fine and looks great. All the pics on the card look great. However, when I play back the rest of the video clips, the screen remains frozen during playback. The little arrow on the bottom of the viewer window (time stamp) moves, but there is no motion during playback, If I move the time position icon in the bottom bar with my mouse, it goes to another part of the clip, but again the screen remains frozen at that time position even though the bottom arrow continues to move.

I'm on a mac and primarily use VLC for video playback. I did try Quicktime, and while I do get some motion during playback, it is very "stuttered" and jittery. Could this be my video settings in the app, or do I have more serious issues? It's hard to fathom why the first video plays just fine, and the rest don't--I don't believe I changed my settings while flying yesterday....actually, come to think of it, I may have tried HDR video--would that make the playback so bad?

Thanks!

By default the videos are h.265, older macs don't like h.265. You can switch all but 4k 60fps to h.264 if you want, but hat shooting option is only h.265. This had been discussed here several times. Lots of people with macs having issues with h.265

HDR will not have much affect except to maybe increase bitrate a little.

Reactions: Nonprophet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7