DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video question

Sabby

Reactions
Hi, for anyone out there that might have an idea for what direction to go in for me that would be great.

after I video or take pics with my mav air 2, when i go to import on the computer I get can't read metadata and file not supported errors.

I'm not sure is its the drone, sdcard or the computer.

I've talked to 2 drone guys that i met in public but don't know them personally and they have said they never hear of that before.

if anyone has any infor or links they could share regarding this it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Oh I should mention that i can view most pics anyway but videos viewing is rare.

I use a Mac, I'm going to try some pic and video on the internal card and see if i get the same errors, that should help give me some kind of idea what is causing the issue
thanks for your info :)

I’m guessing here, Most likely have the h.265 encoding enabled on the drone.

You can download the hvec (h.265) codec for your computer and install them.
Here - Buy HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer - Microsoft Store

Now realise that h.265 video files are highly compressed. They take up less space for same quality as h.264. But with that your computer/device needs good cpu power to play.

If your Device struggles to play h.265 you can switch to h.264 on the drone. Those codecs should already be installed.

Those settings are found by hitting the menu (3 dots top right) then camera.

Hopefully that helps

Hi, for anyone out there that might have an idea for what direction to go in for me that would be great.

after I video or take pics with my mav air 2, when i go to import on the computer I get can't read metadata and file not supported errors.

I'm not sure is its the drone, sdcard or the computer.

I've talked to 2 drone guys that i met in public but don't know them personally and they have said they never hear of that before.

if anyone has any infor or links they could share regarding this it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Oh I should mention that i can view most pics anyway but videos viewing is rare.

Can you let us know what video settings you have and they may point to the issue.

Unless you’re using one of the latest Macs you’re better off using the H.264 codec option, which your Mac should have no problem playing. You also have the choice of .MP4 or .MOV format both of which your Mac should recognise.

If you're running Sierra OS (possibly even High Sierra), it won't natively show the H.265 videos. I use Handbrake if I'm working with them on my 2010 iMac to convert them to H.264 codec. My 2013 laptop running Catalina will play them just fine in the finder (albeit frame skipping in the 4K stuff sometimes).

Reactions: Sabby
I’m guessing here, Most likely have the h.265 encoding enabled on the drone.

You can download the hvec (h.265) codec for your computer and install them.
Here - Buy HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer - Microsoft Store

Now realise that h.265 video files are highly compressed. They take up less space for same quality as h.264. But with that your computer/device needs good cpu power to play.

If your Device struggles to play h.265 you can switch to h.264 on the drone. Those codecs should already be installed.

Those settings are found by hitting the menu (3 dots top right) then camera.

Hopefully that helps

Agree on H265. Tried it and everything was gibberish. Went back to H264 and flawless.

Since I'm not an Apple guy - can't say much on using any Apple products, but many here do use them and should have input.

Try downloading and using VLC to view the videos. It should be able to play anything.

Reactions: MiragePro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent