DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video recorded from app, how to download it. Prompt says "Insufficient Disc Space" on my phone

DevilDog39701

Reactions
Pretty much as it states in the head name. Any help would be appreciated, I just need to find a way to retrieve the video recorded on the app (did not use a micro card this time) and my phone does not have enough space to download it. Thanks!

If the video is in the app then it's already on the phone. There's no point in "downloading" it to another spot on the same phone.

So, you either need to free up space on your phone or just transfer the video from the phone onto another device, such as a laptop.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks for the reply. I am kind of new at this but took your info, checked the phone and it is not on the phone. I looked all through the app and count not find the videos. The only time I can fine them is when I am connected to the drone and it prompts me to download them and then gives me the insufficient disc space error. What am I missing??

Use the USB-Cable to plug in the back of the drone, then connect it to your computer. Switch on remote control of the drone, and put it aside, then switch on the drone. Your filefinder on the computer will show the internal memory of the drone as an external drive of the computer. Look for the file (ends with .mp4 or .mov) and just move it over to your computer.
That is the way I get my footage from the drone (as well as from the SD-Card) to the computer.

The reason you have to switch on the control is (that is atleast what i was told) that if the drone cannot get a connection to the controler, it might want to try to return to the last point it registered as "take off point". Something you don't really want to happen inside the house :)

Reactions: mereflyer
I got the same error message when I tried saving local cache to the SD card instead of the phone internal memory. I have a high speed card in my phone and it has the same free space as my phone.

Use the USB-Cable to plug in the back of the drone, then connect it to your computer. Switch on remote control of the drone, and put it aside, then switch on the drone. Your filefinder on the computer will show the internal memory of the drone as an external drive of the computer. Look for the file (ends with .mp4 or .mov) and just move it over to your computer.
That is the way I get my footage from the drone (as well as from the SD-Card) to the computer.

The reason you have to switch on the control is (that is atleast what i was told) that if the drone cannot get a connection to the controler, it might want to try to return to the last point it registered as "take off point". Something you don't really want to happen inside the house :)

Thanks Olav, that worked!

Hi Olav. I use the same method to copy mp4 files from micro sd in the drone to my desktop but never turn on the controller. Wouldn't the motors first need to be running for the drone to fly?

I never tried that. Can't afford to have €900 crashing into my office because of a stupid avoidable mistake I make (still enough mistakes left to be made...)

Turning on the controller is totally unnecessary.
The aircraft will never start on its own, it only returns to home if the controller is turned off when the aircraft is already in flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair