DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video shooting differences between modes

zzmike76

Reactions
Hello all

I am a new Mavic 2 Pro user (new to drones as well, this is my first one!) , today I did some video shooting for testing to understand the different modes and have a question : from the shooting perspective, what are the differences betweek Tripod and Cinematic modes ? I saw both have a reduced speed , but are there other differences ?

Sorry for the newbie question :)

Thanks and cheers
Michele

I tried Cinematic mode yesterday for the first time, and have used Tripod mode a while back a few times. Cinematic seems more fluid since it doesn't stop a yaw too abruptly. Actually, it seemed to have a bit too much momentum as it seemed to start drifting too close to trees/me as it was turning and moving forward. I hit the pause button to be safe.

Reactions: zzmike76
Cinematic mode will increase your turning and stopping distances. The RC Pause button will act as an emergency brake to quickly stop horizontal movement.

I tried Cinematic mode yesterday for the first time, and have used Tripod mode a while back a few times. Cinematic seems more fluid since it doesn't stop a yaw too abruptly. Actually, it seemed to have a bit too much momentum as it seemed to start drifting too close to trees/me as it was turning and moving forward. I hit the pause button to be safe.

i agree..while I prefer it (at least so far) to Tripod mode (which seems too much slow), I was having some issues in driving it in terms of precision.

Tripod mode is a mixed blessing. If you are flying close to the ground, it is wonderful. Up 100 ft not so much it is way too slow. This can be fixed sometimes by speeding up the footage in post, but anything that has known motion - tree branches moving in the wind, cars, bicyclists etc will look like the Keystone Cops.

Reactions: zzmike76
am still unsure whether I should shoot with Tripod or not...today when I was shooting I realized too late I was driving too fast...maybe a forced "speed limit" would have helped.

And yes starting with a certain height it is not so relevant.

Question : do you change often shooting modes during a flight ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr