DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video signal freeze when taking stills

TwoGoat

Reactions
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the video signal feed on your device not to freeze each time you take a still? Makes it very hard to keep flying when taking pics of any type of action.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the video signal feed on your device not to freeze each time you take a still? Makes it very hard to keep flying when taking pics of any type of action.
More info... What phone or tablet are you using?

Your screen freezes when it’s taking a photo. Test. Shoot one photo at 1/2000th and then one t 1 second. If you don’t see a difference in “freeze” times then maybe something else is wrong.

Happens to me also, I thought it was Normal behaviour.
I am using an old Galaxy s5, would a newer more powerfull phone eliminate/reduce this then?
Not that it really bothers me, surely you are stationary when taking a still shot so loosing camera view for a second is not really a problem is it?

Hi Asgard, Im sure this is default behaviour but hoping someone could help me to override it maybe.
I am using the Mavic to take action photos of windsurfing so the drone is in sports mode and on occasion flying (in up to 30knots of wind) at full tilt when shooting.
Add to that I am shooting raw in multiples, the screen freezes for what is a considerable time not to be able to see the screen in tough conditions over water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S