DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Software...for older laptop(10yrs)

hayc59

Reactions
Ok I give up..tried all the high end ones and just to powerful for this slower laptop
is there one out there for me? thanks for all the recommended ones
that are to powerful
Gordon

Ok I give up..tried all the high end ones and just to powerful for this slower laptop
is there one out there for me? thanks for all the recommended ones
that are to powerful
Gordon
Honestly your options are limited. If you have a more up to date cell smart phone like an iPhone or iPad you’d have better luck doing it that way.

The LumaFusion app is actually a powerful well featured paid iOS app that is pretty excellent on iPhone or preferably iPad. iMovie is a really good free app also for iPhone and iPad.

Reactions: hayc59
thank you for now will stick with the laptop

Try VSDC, it's free and doesn't need too much hardware. It run well on my old PC. You will have stuttering in the preview, but the result will be fine. Give it a try and good luck!

Can you tell us what CPU is inside? But useing a video editing software that is working with an internal codec should do the job, even on older hardware.
I am editing on a i3-2100 with a nVidia GTS450 (both from around 2010). Editing with full screen (1920x1080) playback of UHD 3840x2160 p24/25/30 is no problem. Thumbswayup
Try the BogartSE video editing software for Windows 7 and 10. If the Laptop is capable of running one of those operating systems, editing should also work. Feedback welcome.

Can you put the link for download?
Bogart SE
is it also in english

Is it also free to use??

That's going to be pretty tough, as it's not just the editor but the footage itself that might be too heavy for the laptop. You could try scaling down the footage with Handbrake (this can take a while, but can be done AFK) to 720P and then trying to work with that in a lightweight editor. I also second the suggestion for editing on a newer phone/laptop with something like LumaFusion.

BogartSE is not for free, but the next update to version 12 should bring 4k/UHD projects for 49 EUR / 99 USD around October/November. I recommend waiting for that, but you can try the v11 demo now: http://macromotion.info/bogart-win-en-demo

Since BogartSE is using an intraframe codec, it won't need much resources. ;) I am editing UHD 25p smooth with my i3-2100 + nVidia GTS450 (1920x1080p50 full screen video playback) from 2010. RAM usage when rendering UHD Picture-in-Picture or transitions is around 480 MByte. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest