DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video to iPhone 7

mmcnel99

Reactions
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I read everything I can on how to record my video to my phone and thought I followed all the recommendations, yet it never works.

Here is a screen shot showing how I have my Mavic setup.
(Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to add a screenshot of my settings)

Would sure appreciate some help getting this resolved!

Thanks!

Mike

Pretty sure it caches 2gb of video to the DJI app automatically.. I changed mine to 16gb.

It doesn't save to the iPhone photos app if that's what you're thinking. It's in the DJI app under editor.

Look in your Dji Go4 EDITOR, in there you'll see albums (if using iOS) and 720 versions of the recordings, Android, it just used to save to my gallery.

Pretty sure it caches 2gb of video to the DJI app automatically.. I changed mine to 16gb.

It doesn't save to the iPhone photos app if that's what you're thinking. It's in the DJI app under editor.

Thanks for the info. I had changed mine to 16gb also.

My settings are set for:
1. Cache during video shooting -turned on.
2. Maximum video cache capacity - 16gb
3. Clear cache automatically-turned on

Just tried syncing my iPad and iPhone in the DJI app and several videos disappeared from my phone and my phone still has 2 videos in editor and none on my iPad.

Shouldn't they both be the same?

Mike

You can buy a SD card reader to lightning adapter to transfer videos into your iPhone.

Reactions: Forestjim
i have a device made by Kingston, its called MobileLite Pro. It wirelessly transfers folders and files to and from my Iphone. It has 64gb internal storage and has SD slot and USB port. I use it to extract folders from other apps and I'm sure it can do same for Video from Mavic.

You can just remove the SD card and record your videos directly to your iphones memory if that's what you're trying to do.

Reactions: mkdive
IMG_3604.PNG
removing SD card from Mavic will record to Iphone?
Yep. When you remove it or it gets full it will display a phone icon on the red record button (see picture). It will display some verbiage about record to your iPhones memory. I've recorded videos and still pictures directly to my iPhone's memory. You videos and pics go directly to your iPhone's camera roll.

View attachment 17511
Yep. When you remove it or it gets full it will display a phone icon on the red record button (see picture). It will display some verbiage about record to your iPhones memory. I've recorded videos and still pictures directly to my iPhone's memory. You videos and pics go directly to your iPhone's camera roll.

Would the AC need to be powered up when removing the SD card so it will give the option to described above to record directly to the phone?

Thanks for the info on that. Today marks 1 month since I got my MP for Fathers Day and I have flown a handful of times and really want to master it, but there seems to be a lot of "alternative facts" on just about any issue with drones.

Mike

Last edited:
Turn on your Mavic and controller. Once your card fills up or is removed you can press the red record button and the phone icon will appear in the middle. A notice will pop up saying you're going to record directly to your phone or device and go straight to the device camera roll.

I don't know about Andriod as I run an iPhone but I'm sure it works the same.

In the field, I recorded lots of videos and stills directly to my iPhone's camera roll as my cards filled up while flying.

Can the USB port on controller be used to connect an ipad instead of having to get a micro usb to female usb cable?

Turn on your Mavic and controller. Once your card fills up or is removed you can press the red record button and the phone icon will appear in the middle. A notice will pop up saying you're going to record directly to your phone or device and go straight to the device camera roll.

I don't know about Andriod as I run an iPhone but I'm sure it works the same.

In the field, I recorded lots of videos and stills directly to my iPhone's camera roll as my cards filled up while flying.
Is this option still available ? I have an iPhone 7 plus, not using a sim card in it. I removed the sd card from my MA2, but can't get the icon to show? Any special settings needed to be done on the phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser