Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videoing a Moving Object

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I shot a PR video for one of my farming friend, you may have seen it posted. I also made a video for my 2 year old grandson. He loves tractors, state the color and he can tell you the manufacturer of the machine. His video is all the clips I captured for the PR video in the sequence they were recorded. I few three batteries in my Mavic Air 2 and was surprised I only recorded about 10 minutes of video. Recordings were at 1080P so I could use the zoom function. The 2X & 3X are OK but the 4X seems a little fuzzy for me.

Chasing a moving object is excellent practice for drone video. Keeping the object in frame while tracking it. Orbiting a moving object is a challenge, especially when using 2X zoom. You can see in the video I had a bit of trouble with YAW oscillation. I also discovered a new shot in the opening sequence, right off the deck which I really like. Safety concerns kept me from shooting the gap between the tractor and seed wagon, maybe next time. Shooting lots of angles and different height can help making a mundane object look interesting.

Hope this gives you some ideas on how you can develop your drone video skills.

Nice video! Farm tech has sure come a long ways with GPS and auto-steer. I love the perfectly straight lines, very appealing to my OCD lol.

The renters haven't started seeding my land yet, by end of the month they should be at it and I hope to get some footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore