DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos recorded but not found on SD card

monty.roman

Reactions
Hello everybody.
Now it's me who needs some answers.

Yesterday I went flying near our local train station where new light pylons were installed so I wanted to do some orbits around them.
Everything about flight seemed to be just great. Took some panoramas first, then did some videos and many shots looked great on live feed.
Unfortunately it wasn't.

When I got home and took the memory card to get the data, my 100MEDIA folder contained only three autostitched images from panoramas but no videos I've made after that. On the other hand, the Panorama folder contained all subfolders for everything I shot from beginning to the end.

I realized that the last saved file (one of autostitched pano pictures) was numbered as #999 so I was thinking that drone should create "101MEDIA" folder by itself (like cameras normally do) and proceed to record in it. Unfortunately it didn't and everything I recorded after #999 file is missing on the card (including autostitched panoramas).

When I checked for folders size, it showed that PANORAMA and 100MEDIA folders are 11GB in size together but SDXC card itself is occupied by almost 16GB in total so I'd say the missing files are stored on the card but written incorrectly (those unmapped 5gigs would actually fit to what I've recorded).

I even tried to create 101MEDIA folder manually and reinsert card to PC but nothing happened (didn't expect that it will do something at all but had to try).
Today after I get back from work I will try to insert it into Mavic with manually created 101MEDIA if it will do something.

If not, I'm just gonna format it and film those shots again.

Did somebody of you guys experienced the same thing?

I realized that the last saved file (one of autostitched pano pictures) was numbered as #999 so I was thinking that drone should create "101MEDIA" folder by itself (like cameras normally do) and proceed to record in it.
It will only do this if you have the continuous option checked for File Index Mode in the camera settings.
You can easily check to see if you have reset or continuous selected.

When I checked for folders size, it showed that PANORAMA and 100MEDIA folders are 11GB in size together but SDXC card itself is occupied by almost 16GB in total so I'd say the missing files are stored on the card but written incorrectly (those unmapped 5gigs would actually fit to what I've recorded).
If you forget to stop the video before shutting the drone down, the video file does not get closed and the file might not show up.

It will only do this if you have the continuous option checked for File Index Mode in the camera settings.
You can easily check to see if you have reset or continuous selected.

If you forget to stop the video before shutting the drone down, the video file does not get closed and the file might not show up.

File numbering rule is what I checked first when this happened - Continuous option set since the day I got the bird.

Regarding the unfinished video file - that's not exactly true. It was an issue on Spark that suffered from this issue but Mavic Air stops and saves running video recording during shutdown. I've recorded multiple videos during that flight and on each recording everything appeared to be perfectly fine (I even checked the length of each video before stopping it and starting new scene so I'm sure it actually recorded or at least it acted like it did).

Anyway, I formatted the card and Air created the 100MEDIA folder by itself again. Files are being saved again so I guess I'll keep an eye on file counter and make sure to format it on time in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26