DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

View feed on multiple,devices

Lapeer20m

Reactions
it appears that in a DJI video I was watching for the Matrice there was an option for incident command or dispatch to view drone footage in real time.

Is this done with an app that is compatible with mavic?

I don't think there is an option but I have been able to stream to a TV using my Google Chrome. I just cast my phone to the Chrome and then run Go4. It does lag quite a bit, but I am not using it for flying, I am using it so others can watch.

I want this so incident command can watch inside the command vehicle during s major incident, like a structure fire.

I want it to be easy and reliable.

We already have wireless network available.
Contemplating using Apple TV with a 4K monitor with mavic Ipad mirrored.

I've never used Apple TV, but this sounds like the best solution.

I want this so incident command can watch inside the command vehicle during s major incident, like a structure fire.

I contemplated YouTube live with private link, but I imagine the quality of the image will be severely limited, especially if cellular Internet is spotty.

Looks like Apple TV only supports 1080p.....that should make the monitor cheaper!

Looks like Apple TV only supports 1080p.....that should make the monitor cheaper!
I'm on a volunteer rescue squad and I use Apple TV to cast my live video to a TV in the command post, works really well.

my research just made me learn that you can connect two remotes to mavic and each can have it's own display. This may be the best approach. Perhaps a full size ipad for the incident commander plugged into the slave remote controller. This arrangement would certainly be more portable and durable than either a tv or a computer monitor connected to apple tv.

Reactions: PacketRacket
How about DJI Go's custom RTMP streaming? There are some free RTMP servers out ther

I've been working on this for the past week or so and found two really simple solutions.

You can mirror the iPad onto a monitor or hdtv using Apple TV or using a PC laptop with a free program called "lonely screen."

It works perfect. Super simple.

Using a small inverter plugged into 12v cigarette lighter outlet I can easily power the monitor and a wifi router. Wifi is necessary to mirror the iPad screen.

I did some testing today and it works great. Even the sound you hear through the iPad now comes through the tv speakers.

Now to build it into an attractive case.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried using the rtmp feature to remotely access the live feed for multiple command units on scene? I am trying to do the same thing right now, but would like to be able to use a 3rd party to host the stream so any authorized personnel can view it remotely.

I just feel uneasy about using YouTube to host the feed...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803