DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virgin newbie desparate for help

Jailor

Reactions
I bought the new DJI FPV COMBO. I cant activate it so cant fly.

I downloaded DJI fly app, using link on quick start in box. It says this version is for the new fpv drone. (Ver 1.3.0 3046821
Package name dji.go ver 5)

When I press connect aircraft there is no option for new drone. It only has Mavric mini, DJI mini 2, Mavric Air 2.

I tried installing the DJI assistant 2 fpv version onto my PC. This allowed me to update firmware on controller, goggles and aircraft but there is no option to register as shown on YouTube videos.

Any help very much appreciated.

Can't help with your problem but what ever you do with this thing do it slowly, I think it has a strong desire to make BIG holes in your wallet.
Keep it on a metaphorical leash until you really know your way around it.

Reactions: hiflyer201
From their page....
1.How do I activate and upgrade the DJI FPV System?

Visit the DJI FPV System product page on the DJI official website, enter the downloads section, and download DJI Assistant 2. Power on all modules and connect them to DJI Assistant 2 to begin activating and upgrading.

So... you say you are a "virgin newbie"?... I take that as you have not flown drones before? Have your flown basic R/C before? If not I would highly recommend you do simulator training or you will smash your new drone into little bits in short order. More info on your skills will help responses :)

Reactions: careless
From their page....
1.How do I activate and upgrade the DJI FPV System?

Visit the DJI FPV System product page on the DJI official website, enter the downloads section, and download DJI Assistant 2. Power on all modules and connect them to DJI Assistant 2 to begin activating and upgrading.
HI and thanks for your reply. In my post I have said I have already done this. Assistant 2 allowed me to update firmware but there is no option to register. Could I choose another model in DJ fly app or will this brick my drone?

So... you say you are a "virgin newbie"?... I take that as you have not flown drones before? Have your flown basic R/C before? If not I would highly recommend you do simulator training or you will smash your new drone into little bits in short order. More info on your skills will help responses :)
Have flown RC aicraft and a Husban drone all with GP assist over last 12 months.

Hi jailor, my mate had the same issue, I did too. I tried a couple of times and the pop-up that it found the FPV drone did not come up. Then I put everything on the charger for about half an hour and after that it suddenly worked... no clue why. My mate had a more difficult time, updated everything with dji assistant and spent an entire evening trying, to no avail. Then the next day... poof! There was the pop-up.
All I can say is: keep trying! Oh, maybe switch off wifi on your phone, that was the thing I changed before it worked.
Good luck mate, let us know when you succeed!
Cheers Joost

Reactions: hiflyer201
Hi jailor, my mate had the same issue, I did too. I tried a couple of times and the pop-up that it found the FPV drone did not come up. Then I put everything on the charger for about half an hour and after that it suddenly worked... no clue why. My mate had a more difficult time, updated everything with dji assistant and spent an entire evening trying, to no avail. Then the next day... poof! There was the pop-up.
All I can say is: keep trying! Oh, maybe switch off wifi on your phone, that was the thing I changed before it worked.
Good luck mate, let us know when you succeed!
Cheers Joost
Thanks buddy, all help VERY much appreciated. Day 2 now and no different waiting for reply from DJI support and will keep trying. One thing you said was to turn off wifi, but how will it register if no Internet?

Reactions: JoostGT3
Thanks buddy, all help VERY much appreciated. Day 2 now and no different waiting for reply from DJI support and will keep trying. One thing you said was to turn off wifi, but how will it register if no Internet?
4g ?

Just had first flight this morning. Started in Normal mode and quickly switched to Sport. Man, this thing rocks! So cool to just rip through the air, absolutely enjoyed it. Eagerly awaiting the extra batteries from the FMC though ?. Didn’t dare take it into full manual just yet, as my simulator flights are 50/50 between absolutely controlled and complete disaster ?. In the stadium, I am already able to fly coordinated corners around the light poles, quite proud of that. The reversal of yaw and roll, and the fact that you have to countersteer ledt stick REALLY confused me at first, but I’m starting to develop the muscle memory, so it gets better and better... ??

B16FC205-F2FF-402D-AE4B-E39E126B2D54.jpeg

How did you register device, did you use dji fly app, if so was your drone model Shown. If you used dj assistant 2 did it give you an option to register.

Would appreciate a reply just spoke to dji online help, no help at all they just said try different cable from headset to mobile device, made no difference.
Thanks

ISSUE RESOLVED. If anyone finds this post in the future I finally got it registered. After many attempts on my Gallaxey S5E tablet, I tried my wife's Samsung mobile and this also didn't work.

My Son visited, I tried his mobile and everything worked immediately. So if anyone has this issue try different tablets and mobiles. Thank you to the community for trying to help.

ISSUE RESOLVED. If anyone finds this post in the future I finally got it registered. After many attempts on my Gallaxey S5E tablet, I tried my wife's Samsung mobile and this also didn't work.

My Son visited, I tried his mobile and everything worked immediately. So if anyone has this issue try different tablets and mobiles. Thank you to the community for trying to help.
Just for other info.... Is your device or you wife's device on the approved list from DJI?

I'm so happy for you Jailor! It's so frustrating when things don't work and you don't even see/know why. Happy it got resolved!
No load the batteries and set 'er free! :-D

Reactions: Jailor
I'm having major issues. My firmware update failed when connected through the DJI Fly app to iPhone 12, and now I have a persistent pop-up in goggles which doesn't go away when clicked. It says:

"Goggles firmware version out of date. Connect to DJI Fly and update to latest firmware version"

I can't access the menu through the goggles because the pop up is persistent, so can't try the other troubleshooting tips that I've found online. I've tried:
  • Connecting the goggles to the DJI fly app on my iPhone, with several cables. The goggles are not detected (although they were the first time I tried to activate)
  • Power cycling everything (Goggles, drone controller, motion controller) and trying again
  • Rolling back firmware to older version (0.5) through DJI assistant app using "[email protected]" login, then back to current version for goggles. Refreshed firmware at latest version for goggles, controller, drone.
  • Repeating DJI assistant app steps with a PC and a Mac
  • Removed SD cards (drone + goggles)
  • Waited a while and then tried everything again
  • Charged all the batteries up and tried again
  • Contacted DJI support. They asked me to send a screenshot and said I should wait for a response.
Any thoughts/ tips on what I could try while I wait for support?

Are you able to factory reset?
... is that different to rolling back the firmware update? I haven't tried a factory reset, can't find instructions for that online from my initial search but I'll do some Googling

Hi GavinE I am very new to this. In the manual it explains that in the headset menu go to settings, you will find reset all devices to the default settings.

I guess you would power up aircraft, headset and remote and reset.

Hope that helps.

Are you able to factory reset?
Great idea, but no luck with this one unfortunately. There is no factory reset method for the DJI goggles through a hardware button press or through the DJI assistant app. There might be through menu options in the goggles, but I can't access those because of the pop up.

DJI support has been very unresponsive today. My best bet will likely be replacement hardware. Lame. I wanted to fly this weekend!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crumple