DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virginia Beach VA

VicB

Reactions
Hey everyone I'm Vic I just upgraded by force if you will... I had an accident with my Mavic Air and lost it in the ocean after miscalculating and slamming into a pier. I have since upgraded to the Mavic 2 Zoom and love it so far. I'm looking to get my part 107 but there are so many companies offering classes what do you guys recommend? Thanks and I look forward to learning and enjoying this new drone.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome, lots of knowledge on this site. I downloaded the FAAs free materials, watched some YouTube videos, and a couple of apps. Total cost me maybe $100 plus cost of exam. It's all relative. Do you have sUAV experience? Are you familiar with terminology and airspace? You can easily do it without paying for a high priced school. There are even Android apps to help. If money is no object and your in a rush pick what's local and try and get some stick time. Spent 8 years at NAS Norfolk. Love the beach and coast. Virginia truly is for lover's

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm looking to get my part 107 but there are so many companies offering classes what do you guys recommend?
Like to learn on your own? If so, you should be able to pass it using these free study guides. If not, you can also find the most popular online courses in that list.

Hey everyone I'm Vic I just upgraded by force if you will... I had an accident with my Mavic Air and lost it in the ocean after miscalculating and slamming into a pier. I have since upgraded to the Mavic 2 Zoom and love it so far. I'm looking to get my part 107 but there are so many companies offering classes what do you guys recommend? Thanks and I look forward to learning and enjoying this new drone.
Hi, I didn't see my reply to your post, so I'm re-posting it. I saw your post about flying at VA beach. I was wondering if you could tell me where you usually take off and land your drone legally there? I was doing much research and couldn't find any state or local laws in regards to drones or land and take off there. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Hi, I didn't see my reply to your post, so I'm re-posting it. I saw your post about flying at VA beach. I was wondering if you could tell me where you usually take off and land your drone legally there? I was doing much research and couldn't find any state or local laws in regards to drones or land and take off there. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to the forum, from the other side of HRBT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes