DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virginia

El_Mike

Reactions
Any other pilots in VA? We are always looking for new places to fly, I frequent Virginia Beach areas and George Washington National Forest

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm waiting on my mavic to show up. But I'm a good 2hrs from VA beach. im in Fredericksburg. But glad to see some VA representation.

That area seems nice, have some difficulty flying in VB with the maze of bases and airports

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Checking in from NOVA here. Been looking for places to fly past the 15 mile NFZ from DCA.

Had some luck in Occoquan Regional Park, but looks like we'll have to find a new place to fly. Looking at Lake Fairfax near Reston, but it's pretty much up to luck that there won't be any parks employees around that care.

Hey y'all, from central Virginia—near Charlottesville, out in the woods. Flying out this way isn't too much an issue, short of keeping an eye out for low-flying cropdusters in the summertime. ;)

I live in Virginia Beach, and just got my Mavic.
Where in Oceanview do you guys fly without problems? Looking at a map, I see Sarah Constant Beach Park, Ocean View Beach Park, and some others. Is it any of those areas?
Any other areas (like Chesapeake or Williamsburg) that have wide open spaces that I can fly without possibly breaking a law?

I'm in Richmond. Many places to fly with a phone call or 3. a short drive gets you into safe places

Richmond here as well, I'm by Chesterfield Airport,ive called and was able to fly but was told no more than 100ft. Where do recommend for distance and height? Anywhere near the river?

I am in NOVA but am from VA Beach/Norfolk area. I live near Dulles airport and am in a caution zone. So, I don't fly above 100ft here. Just got the Mavic and am learning to fly it. Having a lot of fun but I don't think the neighbors like it so much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji