DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VIRTUAL LITCHI MISSION: Google Elevation API returned error - REQUEST_DENIED - You must enable Billing on the Google Cloud Project

JORGE SM

Reactions
Last Sunday I was creating a route for when we can go out to drive and I had no problem.
Now I just sat down to prepare another mission and when exporting to CSV for google earth, what you can see appears in the attached image.
Any ideas ??
Cheers

Attachments

• LVM.JPG
    LVM.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 31
Possible that Lichi reached the free API limit with accessing Google's digital elevation database.

Reactions: JORGE SM
Possible that Lichi reached the free API limit with accessing Google's digital elevation database.

But that happens daily, that is, today the free ones will have been used and until tomorrow it will not be able to be used?

But that happens daily, that is, today the free ones will have been used and until tomorrow it will not be able to be used?

Possibly if it's a daily limit. But I just checked Litchi myself and was able to use the online elevation feature without a problem.

Actually, I just tried again and it didn't work. Try following the advice below to obtain your own API key and use that inside VLM.

Last edited:
Possibly if it's a daily limit. But I just checked Litchi myself and was able to use the online elevation feature without a problem.

I just tried and it remains the same. I'll leave it. Tomorrow will be another day. I hope it is a timely moment.
Cheers

It's a recurring problem with VLM - the developer uses an API key that has limited monthly access.
To overcome that issue, create your own Google maps/elevation API key, insert it into VLM, done.

It's a recurring problem with VLM - the developer uses an API key that has limited monthly access.
To overcome that issue, create your own Google maps/elevation API key, insert it into VLM, done.

But that option costs money? Where can you get it ??

But that option costs money?
It depends - if you exceed a specified amount of hits of your API key per month, you have to pay.
If you are only using the key for your own VLM use, you are far from exceeding that limit.

The new pricing strategy employed by Google for their Maps Platform is a freemium one – all users get to make $200-worth of API calls for free each month. That works out as, for example:

up to 28,000 free loads of Dynamic Maps; or
up to 100,000 free loads of Static Maps; or
up to 40,000 free Directions calls; or
up to 40,000 free Geolocation calls.

Where can you get it ??
Here a link that describes how to get an API key.

It depends - if you exceed a specified amount of hits of your API key per month, you have to pay.
If you are only using the key for your own VLM use, you are far from exceeding that limit.

The new pricing strategy employed by Google for their Maps Platform is a freemium one – all users get to make $200-worth of API calls for free each month. That works out as, for example:

up to 28,000 free loads of Dynamic Maps; or
up to 100,000 free loads of Static Maps; or
up to 40,000 free Directions calls; or
up to 40,000 free Geolocation calls.

Here a link that describes how to get an API key.

Great. Well, what I use it for is VLM, I don't think it will happen to me. I will visit the link you have provided to get the API.
Once achieved, where is it configured in VLM so that it takes my API and not that of VLM?
The truth is that I use VLM because I think it's great to be able to create the routes and then see them virtually in G. earth. But although I've already created a few, I haven't tried them yet. I have lost a MAVIC PRO and now I have the ZOOM and messing with LITCHI scares me, and I always use DJI GO 4. But I hope that when the pandemic ends I can finally try litchi and VLM. At least for ROUTES, since WAYPOINT 2.0 is fine but much less than LITCHI, especially for having to be with MAVIC on while creating the route.

Once achieved, where is it configured in VLM so that it takes my API and not that of VLM?
As I am not using VLM, you have to ask the developer @namirda where to put your own API key.

I think the issues with VLM should now be fixed - see posts #826 and #827 Virtual Litchi Mission.

I explain in that post where you can put in your own API key in the event that the default key has exceeded its daily quota.

Also, please put any posts about VLM on the thread linked above - that will make sure I see them!

Thanks

N

I think the issues with VLM should now be fixed - see posts #826 and #827 Virtual Litchi Mission.

I explain in that post where you can put in your own API key in the event that the default key has exceeded its daily quota.

Also, please put any posts about VLM on the thread linked above - that will make sure I see them!

Thanks

N

Thanks for answering. I pass the matter to the right place

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crumple