DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

vision calibration issue M2P

rustysteel

Reactions
I continue getting an error message requiring the vision system to be re-calibrated. When i go through the calibration steps i get an error stating the i need to roll the drone 90' on its side. Is this a concern? shouldnt the drone be held flat and level for this?
20200202_122719.jpg

Regardless, I go through all of the steps then get stuck on the last screen until the drone battery dies.
20200408_143918.jpg

Long story short, I am not able to complete a successful re calibration. I read up and heard about issues with monitor settings so I have tried this on 2 different computers/monitors and monitor settings.
Any ideas for what I may be doing wrong? Also, should I be worried about flying?
Thanks for the info!!

Rotation is what it’s asking for, not roll.
Side sensor is what it’s looking for.
Its been a while since I’ve had to do this, so that‘s how I remember it.

Reactions: rustysteel
Rotation is what it’s asking for, not roll.
Side sensor is what it’s looking for.
Its been a while since I’ve had to do this, so that‘s how I remember it.

Yes, it is asking to rotate it to the left which related to flight dynamics is roll. I rotated/rolled it to the left and did this for all of the sensors, including the front camera. Just thought it was very odd and hoping this is just for obstacle avoidance and not flight attitude data.

20200202_122731.jpg

Yaw is when the aircraft, being straight and level, would twist left/right.
Maybe this helps
View attachment 98276
Which I believe is what the screen showing in the first picture in post number one is wanting you to do.
Maybe I missed something. Have you been able to complete the vision calibration?

Ah, I see what you are saying. When I rolled it on its side as shown in the 3rd pic it seemed to work.
But the last screen stays frozen on calculating 0%

VERY!! Yes!!
I had watched another tutorial which showed the drone being flat. Good to know as I honestly thought my sensors were thinking they were off by 90'.
Thank you very much!

I've struggled with this process myself and can't get it to complete a calibration. After doing the various scans, the "Calculating ..." screen just sits there at 0%. After about half an hour I give up and shut everything down. There's no error message or anything — just nothing but "0%."

Any ideas?

I've struggled with this process myself and can't get it to complete a calibration. After doing the various scans, the "Calculating ..." screen just sits there at 0%. After about half an hour I give up and shut everything down. There's no error message or anything — just nothing but "0%."

Any ideas?
Ah-ha. Wrong Assistant software. Problem solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka