DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision gone bonkers after crash

IvanFHagar

Reactions
Hi everyone! Been lurking around for a while... Always planned to eventually sign up, and unfortunately I ended up doing it to ask for help.

Last Wednesday my Mavic 2 Zoom had kind of a rough crash. It still flies and all, but Vision system seems to be working in "negatives". What I mean is, once I start it up, the RADAR on the HUD will flash red, although there are no obstacles around. If I do put an obstacle or cover it with my hands, everything will turn green and I'm good to go.

I've recalibrated compass and IMU. Then I tried recalibrating from DJI Assistant, and although everything goes well at first, after calculation I get the following messages:

- "Calibration failed"
- "Calculation Error. Recalibrate now. Contact DJI Support if this persists",
- "1-2 eul_x(-5.29-0.00-5.00)

I've contacted support, of course, and the first option was to send it over for Care Refresh replacement. However, I'm currently abroad and the price for international shipping would be excessive. We also tried switching resolutions. Sensors are clean, Assistant is updated (even uninstalled-reinstalled), drone was refreshed to defaults. The last option I was given was to send it over to the Chilean repair center, but they didn't seem very willing to help, and told me they had a long queue of delayed jobs, so I had to leave it there and wait about seven days before they could even inspect mine.

I'm trying to see if there's something I can do on my own. If worst comes to worst, I guess I'll just have to drop it at the service center, but I do use this thing for work, and they didn't really seem to care much about the customer. Felt like looking for help at the DMV.

Hope someone can give me some ideas! Thanks in advance! Love the forum, and now that I finally signed up, hope to post often (and promise to post at the pilot check-on once I'm finished with the matter at hand!).

Mmmm never haves crashed reg Mavic or Mavic 2 or phantom 4pro, you might want to invest in traxxas Aton, I have 2 and if you like sporting around it will take some hits, these expensive camera drones are not made to ever crash, don’t see how anyone could ever crash, and you can turn off sensors in settings, just my thoughts

Will it let you fly without the sensors? If so, are you comfortable flying without the sensors working?
It does! I don't see myself needing the sensors in the short term... But there's definitely gonna be a few situations within the next few weeks where I'd rather use them.

It does! I don't see myself needing the sensors in the short term... But there's definitely gonna be a few situations within the next few weeks where I'd rather use them.

Depending on where in the world you are, I would recommend getting props guards asap, and then maybe you can wait for the repair later. Prop guards will help if you dont have FOA or ROA sensors.

Where are you located?

Depending on where in the world you are, I would recommend getting props guards asap, and then maybe you can wait for the repair later. Prop guards will help if you dont have FOA or ROA sensors.

Where are you located?
At this moment, I'm in Chile. Will be here for more than a while, but come think of it, should have gotten those prop guards a long time ago anyways.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54