Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Vision sensor and Disconnect

Reaction score
Been flying my MP with the same ipad mini for 2 years with no problem. Flew in Hawaii last week with no issues, then 2 nights ago back home i got a Vision Sensor error. After some research i did a calibration through the DJI assistant 2. Boom, that resolved the error. While i was at it i did a firmware update. So last night i got up in the sky, flew around for a few minutes and suddenly i noticed that my ipad was blank and was telling me that the aircraft was disconnected. It could have been 2 seconds or 2 minutes, i'm not sure since it was flying just fine and i had a visual on it and wasn't looking at the screen. I landed, killed the battery and controller, waited a few seconds and fired them back up. Got the green light, good to go, and off i went. This time eyes glued to the ipad. Sure enough after a few minutes of flying the aircraft disconnected. Nothing in my circumstances have changed. I fly from my front yard all the time and i live outside of town with no obstructions. I have no clue what's causing this or how to correct it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Mav.phant.inspire

Reaction score
Loc
Mcbride BC
One guess is that there is a loose connection, try with a different device if possible. Does your iPad charge like normal still? Also make sure everything is updated. Other than that seems a touch strange

Sniperfritz

Reaction score
Loc
Port Elizabeth ,SA
I had similar problem last week. I was using my iPad 9.7 2018. The iPad would randomly disconnect, while the controller stayed connected. Turned out I was touching the cable on the iPad side. Replaced it with cable that has right angle on the connector. Worked for me.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Reaction score
Well i flew this evening and had zero problems with it, i changed nothing so i'm really unsure what's going on. I feel as though my video feed is more choppy than usual, but i could be hyper sensitive to it since i've been having problems.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nuke71