DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision sensor calibration required?

gtione

Reactions
Went out for a flight today, first in a few weeks as out weather hasn’t been up to much.

I noticed that under the aircraft status page in the firmware update the word ‘abnormal’ appeared. Clicking on this brought a suggestion that my vision sensors should be calibrated via the DJI assistant software.

They all seem to be working working okay. Is this just routine maintenance or is something going wrong?

All firmwares are the latest. TIA.

Reactions: RogerMav
Went out for a flight today, first in a few weeks as out weather hasn’t been up to much.

I noticed that under the aircraft status page in the firmware update the word ‘abnormal’ appeared. Clicking on this brought a suggestion that my vision sensors should be calibrated via the DJI assistant software.

They all seem to be working working okay. Is this just routine maintenance or is something going wrong?

All firmwares are the latest. TIA.

Routine maintenance for the most part. I also have this come up when I fly the drone in the simulator for some reason.

Also sometimes when the front camera is seeing plenty of ambient light but the bottom sensors aren’t like if you are holding it up to a light while it’s dark out for an extended period. The drone thinks the bottom sensors aren’t working properly and asks you to calibrate. Hence the “Abnormal” reading. Usually turning it off removing the battery and returning it to a normal lighting environment makes the error go away.

Reactions: MKurr
My mavic was telling me the same thing before I crashed it, now I got the replacement and it is telling me the same thing...

I did the calibration last night, error now cleared so will test again tomorrow as the weather looks good.

Reactions: MKurr
My Mavic Pro was from the initial batch shipped and never had a problem until a few months ago . The vision calibration error showed up and I spent 3 days trying every fix in the book that I could find online and it fails to even start the calibration process . I just gave up and rarely fly it anymore . Never crashed or hard landing and it just showed that message when I switched it on one day .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S