DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision Sytem error can not calibrate

ValG

Reactions
New to drones and got my new Mavic Pro Platinum in the past week. RC shows 'System Error', 'Check App'. App shows 'Vision System Error' but when I go in to 'Aircraft Status' screens everything looks fine. Tried flying in 'Beginner Mode' but did not have enough courage to bring it close to anything to check whether th forward sensors would stop it. Seems to fly perfectly and had no difficulty in manually landing indicating that downward sensors are ok.
None of the sensors appear to have any plastic covering. I tried on a number of occassions to calibrate the Mavic in DJI Assistant 2 without success. While the blue square and dots appear on the monitor there is no sign of the red square which is supposed to be visible when the front or bottom sensors are aimed at the screen from any distance. The aircraft is certainly recognised in DJI Assistant 2 and calibration screen will close as soon as the Mavic is turned off. My computer is running on Windows 10 but I have seen postings here indicating that calibration appears not to work on some computers. How can I resolve this issue and is it safe to fly if I keep it in Line of Sight?

You can try the calibration on a different desktop using DJI Go Assistant 2. If it doesnt work on a second computer, you got a lemon and should return it.

DJI hasn't verified some drivers with Microsoft so the drivers are blocked by Windows 10 from loading.

You can try turning off the Windows 10 driver signature enforcement, so the relevant drivers for the VPS calibration can load

The easiest process is option 2 in the following how-to

https://www.howtogeek.com/167723 ... l-unsigned-drivers/

Note, if you restart the PC you will have to do the process again as the change is not permanent

New member here: I had the same warning the first time or two I flew my MPP (early Jan 2018). After landing and trying the 'over the ground' sensor calibration unsuccessfully, I tried using Assistant 2, BUT in order to have a successful calibration, I had to shut down and DISCONNECT my external monitor (on a MacBook Pro). Then everything showed up when the A/C was connected to Assistant 2 via USB, and the calibration was a success. Sidenote: after the first flight and warning, no warning appeared on the second flight, but re-appeared on the third flight. Otherwise, my MPP has worked very well. GO 4 v.22 and latest firmware.

DJI hasn't verified some drivers with Microsoft so the drivers are blocked by Windows 10 from loading.

You can try turning off the Windows 10 driver signature enforcement, so the relevant drivers for the VPS calibration can load

Note, if you restart the PC you will have to do the process again as the change is not permanent

Thanks Iannes,
Will try that first and let you know how it goes

Iannes,
Tried option 2 a couple of times - still no appearance of red box on screen. Guess I will have to try calibration on another pc.
On the calibration screen both sensors show dark grey boxes - should they show a camera view of the screen?
Thanks for your help in trying to solve this problem.

Iannes,
Tried option 2 a couple of times - still no appearance of red box on screen. Guess I will have to try calibration on another pc.
On the calibration screen both sensors show dark grey boxes - should they show a camera view of the screen?
Thanks for your help in trying to solve this problem.

You might need to adjust the screen resolution down try 1920 x 1080 (1080p)

You will not see the camera live view, the link is between the application and the sensors

When you first enter the calibration there is a green box on a layer of dots, you need to move the ac so that the blue box overlays the green box as this starts the calibration

When running there is a outline of a light blue box, there is solid box which as it moves you need to follow by moving the AC around. You will paint the screen light blue as you move the outline box around.

Have you got the alignment of the green box done ?
Do you see the 2 light blue boxes on your screen ?

Last edited:
Tried changing the resolution as suggested.
Previously calibration screen displayed circles with outline corners of a square in the centre. Aiming the Mavic at the screen had no effect. The 2 sensor boxes displayed as dark grey.
Having changed the resolution the circles and square outline have disappeared leaving a blank white display. Again aiming the Mavic at the screen has no effect. The 2 sensor boxes displayed camera view at Mavic startup.

Tried changing the resolution as suggested.
Previously calibration screen displayed circles with outline corners of a square in the centre. Aiming the Mavic at the screen had no effect. The 2 sensor boxes displayed as dark grey.
Having changed the resolution the circles and square outline have disappeared leaving a blank white display. Again aiming the Mavic at the screen has no effect. The 2 sensor boxes displayed camera view at Mavic startup.

It looks like the resolution change does not fix it, are you trying to do the calibration on a big monitor ?

Monitor is 23inch

The vision sensors don't work at all well in low light conditions, and you will get an error message.
Your flying the Mavic inside I suspect ?

When you turn on the AC and have the DJI Go 4 app running on the phone, do you see the radiating patterns of the obstacle avoidance indicator on the flight screen.

Do you notice they change from yellow to red when you hold something in front of the sensors, if they do change then it's working.

If they are working, I probably wouldn't worry about the VPS calibration unless the error message comes up continuously, the important thing is that the sensors are working.

If they don't work then you would need to do a warranty return.

Because of the vision system error I have only flown the Mavic on a couple of occasions. These were outdoors where I had plenty of manoeuvrability if there were a problem.
Thanks for the suggestion of holding something in front of the sensors to see if the obstacle avoidance indicator changes from yellow to red. I am away from home today but will try this tomorrow when I return. Hopefully the indicator will turn red which will give me confidence to test the Mavic fully.

With strong winds in the last few days did not get to fly except for a short period today.
Have not been brave enough to fly at any obstacle yet. However when placing something in front while hovering there are no radiating patterns of obstacle avoidance system visible on screen. A warranty return seems to be the only option at this stage.
Before doing this, when the wind dies down again, I will try flying slowly towards an object to see if the brakes are applied.

You can try the calibration on a different desktop using DJI Go Assistant 2. If it doesnt work on a second computer, you got a lemon and should return it.
Have now tried to calibrate on a different pc with no success. At this stage warrant return seems to be my only option.
Thanks for your advice

Because of the vision system error I have only flown the Mavic on a couple of occasions. These were outdoors where I had plenty of manoeuvrability if there were a problem.
Thanks for the suggestion of holding something in front of the sensors to see if the obstacle avoidance indicator changes from yellow to red. I am away from home today but will try this tomorrow when I return. Hopefully the indicator will turn red which will give me confidence to test the Mavic fully.

Wind conditions eased sufficiently so that I could test flying the Mavic slowly towards a shrub in my garden. Got within a couple of inches of the shrub with no sign of the brakes kicking in. This was my last hope that I could fly without too much risk but I am now about to go to the last resort which is to do a warranty return.
Iannes I really appreciate all your efforts to try to help me solve this problem. Many thanks

Since you have had this drone from the beginning. Have you crash it at all? And if you haven't crashed it or if you have, the problem could be the two ribbon cables that are connect on top of the front of the camera board for avoidance system. One of the could have work loose most likely.

29452-9d46d58c5eb90b3291fb2f6a75febdca.jpg

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 23
Drone is new & problem is there from the start - tentative flying because of vision system error, no possibility of crashing.
To get to the ribbon cables it appears that I will have to undertake some disassembly. I would be very reluctant to attempt this as it might put warranty at risk.
I am waiting to hear back from DJI Product Support & will be happy to undertake some disassembly if they agree to it.

Reactions: Filipok and ElJefe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird