DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visual Positioning System at Night

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
I fly at night a lot with my Mavic. Just recently the downward visual positioning system (VPS) is *intermittently* causing the Mavic to descend at a very slow rate. This JUST start happening after a couple months with it. Once I turn off the VPS it's fine.

I get that the VPS can't see well, if at all, at night. What I don't get is why this is just starting now and why it only happens intermittently. It's not a HUGE deal, but it is a pain. EDIT: I haven't updated the firmware so that's not why it just started up.

Anyone have any ideas or experience here?

Last edited:
Maybe try cleaning the camera lenses? Which firmware are you running?

Try turning off your landing protection switch. Just remember that your craft will not slow to a hover before landing so take it easy. Maybe your getting intermittent errors from your landing protection system causing slow descents.

Try turning off your landing protection switch. Just remember that your craft will not slow to a hover before landing so take it easy. Maybe your getting intermittent errors from your landing protection system causing slow descents.

Thanks for the tip, but is def. the VPS - that's the warning I get on and off. I just went out today and no problems so it's a nighttime thing. Just strange it never happened before. Anyway, I'll update if I figure it out. Thanks!

If you're daytime flying then reflective surfaces like water, snow, metal can confuse it.
At night the optical sensors wont work at all but that shouldnt affect the ultrasonic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54