DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Volcanic Drone Footage of the _ Spain Devastation.

La Palma is the island geologists think will one day split in half and crash into the ocean causing a major Atlantic tsunami that will devastate the eastern seaboard. The fault they are watching has moved in the past few years and made a few geologists nervous. Doubt this eruption is helping them sleep.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Its hard to fathom all this coming from a small island, but this has to be a close call.

Reactions: eEridani
Lots of business for pool cleaners.

• Haha
I am a resident of another of the Canary Islands and a few years ago I watched with great interest (and some trepidation) a documentary which predicted that a future eruption of Cumbre Vieja on La Palma would cause such a massive landslide that a mega-tsunami would surely be the outcome.

The entire archipelago of the Canary Islands is closely monitored for volcanic activity and local scientists at the time were unanimous in their disagreement with the conclusions of the documentary makers. The current eruption seems to indicate they were right to disagree.

Woke up to find this incredible drone footage taken of the Volcanic Eruption on the Canary Island La Palma ,
Just watching the final blows , is heart breaking ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I wonder if those people feel like they are a "threat to the planet". The presumption that man can control this 4 billion year old, ever changing planet is ludicrous.

I wonder if those people feel like they are a "threat to the planet". The presumption that man can control this 4 billion year old, ever changing planet is ludicrous.
No, but I am sure that living with an angry Volcano is going to be more taxing , but also this may be a relief as the pressure just gave way , so that may dial down the stress of a bigger eruption maybe. I hope someone on the island keeps us posted.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone