DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Voltage and "charging banks"

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I've never studied electrical engineering at all in the slightest and any electrical/electronic work I've ever done has been "paint-by-number". I can solder, but just follow directions. I'm just curious what voltage(s) are needed to charge some/most/all of the DJI batteries, particularly if the batteries are inside of the DJI charging hubs?

What's piqued my curiosity is that recently I was searching for a 9v external battery solution to running guitar pedals and realized that there was a battery pack that houses 6 AA 1.5v batteries, that when ganged together had an output of 9v. I had to reverse the polarity on the connector to make it work, but it was pretty convenient. [I'd like to know how many mAh of power that pack has with 6- 2800mAh batteries installed?]

I know I can use the DJI charging hubs to charge devices at 5v, standard USB charging, but how do you know when to use 5v, 9v or 12 v?

These batteries are wired in series to create 9 volts with a total mAh of 2800 in that configuration at that voltage. In the RV world a pair of golf cart 6 volt batteries wired in series will power a 12 volt circuit but the mAh at 12 volts is defined by the individual battery mAh. Batteries wired in parallel will increase mAh but at the voltage of the individual batteries.
I have never slept at a Holiday Inn or what ever so an electrical expert may counter this but I’m sticking to this or I’ll learn

These batteries are wired in series to create 9 volts with a total mAh of 2800 in that configuration at that voltage. In the RV world a pair of golf cart 6 volt batteries wired in series will power a 12 volt circuit but the mAh at 12 volts is defined by the individual battery mAh. Batteries wired in parallel will increase mAh but at the voltage of the individual batteries.
I have never slept at a Holiday Inn or what ever so an electrical expert may counter this but I’m sticking to this or I’ll learn
Thanks. That sound pretty reasonable. I don't usually do Holiday Inns. Four Seasons is more my other half's speed :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803