Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Voltage Error and forced landing

JerseyDroner1

Jersey Droner
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Anyone else ever experience this? I am trying to have DJI figure out what happened just for piece of mind and to get my confidence back. There are several ways I can see them blaming me for the incident and Im not sure there is a way to say for sure what happened.

Mavic 2 pro (reman? that DJI had just sent me after I had camera issue with my original)

I took off on a 50 degree morning and got a cold battery warning. The flight record (which I can not sync or even view because my SC wifi doest seem to be working anymore) shows that I hovered for more than a minute letting the battery warm up. I usually keep my batteries warm in my pockets or in a running car but didn't that day. Took off after a long hover..went out over the river400 ft away and up to120ft and then suddenly my voltage which I keep on main screen turned red... and I was prompted to RTH and the air craft started landing almost at the same time... very little warning. Nice to know that it would not have fallen out of the sky, but it landed fast and from 400 ft away I only made it 200f eet back before it was in the water. This was with a drone DJI just sent me after I had a camera issue with my original. Another thing that should have kept me from flying it was that the batteries did not sit as secure in the new drone. They were clicked in and not puffy but you. could pull them out while still clicked in and see a space.. I noticed it the night before(they were not flush with the drone, but flew 5 batteries without issue.)

It's crazy to lose a drone that was so close to me. If you get a voltage error don't expect to get your drone back unless you are really close..

My smart controller was malfunctioning I could never sync and then ended up deleting the logs I think in an attempt to fix the remote.. Turned out it seems I had too many flights synced. Once I only synced 6 months the djigo 4 app stopped malfunctioning. Also I only have a Mac and some school chrome books none of which will recognize the Android based smart controller.

I'm not blaming DJI for this, but their service as awful, and their product lack the clear instructions needed to not have issues.They should tell you that syncing all your flights records can cause the SC to malfunction!

Last edited:
I am trying to have DJI figure out what happened just for piece of mind and to get my confidence back. There are several ways I can see them blaming me for the incident and Im not sure there is a way to say for sure what happened.
It's going to be necessary to see the flight data to be able to help.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
There are additional instructions for the Smart Controller.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

It's going to be necessary to see the flight data to be able to help.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
There are additional instructions for the Smart Controller.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Can’t get it.. only have Mac computers and SC is android

I’ve got word from Dji that a Mac computer and the smart controller are not compatible.. then again other dji reps just keep sending me the same directions and seem to ignore my problem.. I have one non Mac computer and it’s out for a 4-6 week repair.,
Unfortunately DJI's "help" people are a mixed bag and the source of much misinformation.
If you can find that .txt file and post it from what I posted in #2, that's all that's needed.

Reactions: Thomas B
It is possible that some of the cells have gone bad. Not an uncommon problem. This is a recently reported case : Battery power suddenly lost during flight

May be you can try to do some flying again and get the flight log files. I set the storage location of my SC from internal to SD card so that I could get the flight log files from the SD card which should be compatible with any computers. Have forgotten the detail steps though. Have sold the SC a year ago.

Last edited:
Well that’s funny cause DJI has told me it’s not possible,
DJI's "help" people are just as likely to tell you something that's completely false as something accurate.
They don't fly and just work from scripts.
If you ask something they don't have a script for, they could tell you anything.

Well that’s funny cause DJI has told me it’s not possible,
I’ve been using my MAC for over two years with no problems. In fact I assumed that the MAC was actually better because I haven’t had the problems with using the Go4 app as it seems some have while using a PC.

I’ve been using my MAC for over two years with no problems. In fact I assumed that the MAC was actually better because I haven’t had the problems with using the Go4 app as it seems some have while using a PC.
The problem is android based smart controller and Mac computer... my only pc is coming back this week from repair hopefully DJI will be able to shed some light on exactly what happened..

Okay I wasn't going to go off on this ******** but I have been running into so much failure on my batteries it's beyond disgusting! It started with the mavic 2 Pro and I have lost four batteries to extreme puffing and now I'm starting to see it into my other Phantom 4 Pro plus obsidian! And this is total garbage this is not fair this is not right most of these have well under 80 charges some of them have under 40 charges!
I'm starting to believe something is going on here whether it be built into the firmware updates or whatever but when I had my original mavic Pro which by the way I still do I have been able to charge that little guy and have it fly dependably at least 100 and something times per battery!
So how can this be that my mavic 2 Pro can just barely get over 44 charges granted a couple went up too close to 80. I'm sick of buying the ******* batteries and now I'm starting to see it in my old Phantom 4 Pro Plus obsidian which all my batteries were wonderful for a long time! Please share your stories because I think something is going on here I think they are planting something in the firmware to kill your batteries! Yep I might be paranoid but I have just spent a freaking fortune for my little fleet of drones to stay in the air and I am way pissed off!

Okay I wasn't going to go off on this ******** but I have been running into so much failure on my batteries it's beyond disgusting! It started with the mavic 2 Pro and I have lost four batteries to extreme puffing and now I'm starting to see it into my other Phantom 4 Pro plus obsidian! And this is total garbage this is not fair this is not right most of these have well under 80 charges some of them have under 40 charges!
I'm starting to believe something is going on here whether it be built into the firmware updates or whatever but when I had my original mavic Pro which by the way I still do I have been able to charge that little guy and have it fly dependably at least 100 and something times per battery!
So how can this be that my mavic 2 Pro can just barely get over 44 charges granted a couple went up too close to 80. I'm sick of buying the ******* batteries and now I'm starting to see it in my old Phantom 4 Pro Plus obsidian which all my batteries were wonderful for a long time! Please share your stories because I think something is going on here I think they are planting something in the firmware to kill your batteries! Yep I might be paranoid but I have just spent a freaking fortune for my little fleet of drones to stay in the air and I am way pissed off!
If there was something in the firmware causing problems, everyone would be affected and the forum would be full of posts about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost