DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VPS messed up via latest firmware upgrade?

ralliart12

Reactions
Hi, I'd just updated to the latest firmware (v01.03.0500) & my (downwards-facing) VPS seems to be messed up. Currently, the VPS read-out will continuously cycle between "0.1m - 0.2m" when the drone is left perfectly untouched on a rigid surface. I'd understand that it is "normal" for the VPS to report a clearance of 0.1m; but to constantly fluctuate when the drone isn't even being moved; what gives? I'd posted the video to YouTube.

Anybody knows how to fix this and/or why this is happening with the latest firmware only?

Hi, I'd just updated to the latest firmware (v01.03.0500) & my (downwards-facing) VPS seems to be messed up. Currently, the VPS read-out will continuously cycle between "0.1m - 0.2m" when the drone is left perfectly untouched on a rigid surface. I'd understand that it is "normal" for the VPS to report a clearance of 0.1m; but to constantly fluctuate when the drone isn't even being moved; what gives? I'd posted the video to YouTube.

Anybody knows how to fix this and/or why this is happening with the latest firmware only?
I have noticed some of this too. There have been some glitches with 0500.
I have decided to downgrade for now until things smooth out. I did this because of the Litchi and Auto Pilot debacle.
All is working perfectly at this time for me on 0400.

Here's a video of it relying on the VPS (no satellites detected at all) after the .0500 firmware update. Is this okay? Or is the Mavic not supposed to exhibit any single slightest movement in any axis at all (environment is windless):

N.B. I do notice the VPS cycling in 0.1 increments when it's in the air (similar to what's exhibited in my 1st video).

Here's a video of it relying on the VPS (no satellites detected at all) after the .0500 firmware update. Is this okay? Or is the Mavic not supposed to exhibit any single slightest movement in any axis at all (environment is windless):

N.B. I do notice the VPS cycling in 0.1 increments when it's in the air (similar to what's exhibited in my 1st video).
You have a beautiful home.

Reactions: mlaczek
I noticed it as well. It'll cycle between. .4ft and .6ft. For meters .1m or .2m. Either a glitch or DJI did something.

You have a beautiful home.

That is very kind of you. Thank you.

...Either a glitch or DJI did something.

Yea, since I have not handled the device roughly thus far, there is nothing I could have physically done to it to cause it. Sometimes I guess we just have to accept the change is designed from DJI's side. If I'm not wrong, they slowed down the Mavic drastically in the recent few firmware update as well...

What do you mean by slowed down?

Might be in order to recalibrate IMU, Compass and Gimbal. At some point I may try a factory reset. I calibrated the VPS before the update.

May play with it to see what happens. I'm not entirely sure it's a faulty drone although. Personally I think it's DJI and firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929