DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VPS, unexpected consequences.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Yesterday I accidentally charged a battery to full rather than a storage level so I stuck it in a mini and left the mini hovering (indoors). It was maybe 2 ft out from a wall hovering over a distinctive box, the drone was all but absolutely stationary.
For some reason I had cause to move the box towards the wall, when I did the drone started to move toward the wall. I grabbed the controller and moved it back a couple of inches, as soon as I released the sticks the drone started to move back towards the wall. I moved it away again and again as soon as I released the sticks it started to go backwards the wall. I then moved the drone a few feet and all was well.
After I landed it occurred to me it may have locked on to the box and was trying to regain its 'correct position' when the box was moved.
Thinking about this I may have seen my Mavic 2 do something similar, I had used a blue topped recycling box as a take off pad but it wasn't really suitable so once the drone was airborne I put the bin back in its proper place (about 8 ft from the take off point). An RTH brought the drone home over the box and it hesitated over the box before moving the remaining 8ft to the correct landing point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3