DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wait for CS2 or buy now?

Ramboat

Reactions
I think that my 67 year old eyes are in need of a CS. However, I have read that there is a CS2 on the near horizon. Do not want to buy current model and then CS2 introduced shortly after.

Reactions: DavidNDC
Reactions: ed4 and Ping^Spike
Also saw this on a Twitter post: Tech spec of upcoming CrystalSky 2 is now crystal clear.
CPU: RockChips RK3399 hexa core A53 at 1.8GHz in 64-bit
GPU: ARM Mali-T864
RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
Screen: same as original CrystalSky, with Rec.2020 support.
Wireless connection: 802.11b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth (new)

Reactions: Keule
Also saw this on a Twitter post: Tech spec of upcoming CrystalSky 2 is now crystal clear.
CPU: RockChips RK3399 hexa core A53 at 1.8GHz in 64-bit
GPU: ARM Mali-T864
RAM: 4GB LPDDR4
Screen: same as original CrystalSky, with Rec.2020 support.
Wireless connection: 802.11b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth (new)
Then let's wait until the new CS2 sees the light ...
// SHOPPING MODE ON

I was not enjoying flying with my phone. I couldn't see it clear enough to know where I was. I got my crystal sky and now I even have waypoints. I couldn't be happier. I'm glad I didn't wait. You wait....wait....wait and wait and maybe you might be able to do something a little smoother or faster and have bragging rights because it has an updated processor but in the mean time, I'm flying and enjoying the now.

Reactions: Barny19 and WAXMAN
I think that my 67 year old eyes are in need of a CS. However, I have read that there is a CS2 on the near horizon. Do not want to buy current model and then CS2 introduced shortly after.
I know what u mean, I am 70 and things are not as clear as they once were. If u decide on a CS, I have a like new 5.5 CS with a Polar Pro mount for sale

I know what u mean, I am 70 and things are not as clear as they once were. If u decide on a CS, I have a like new 5.5 CS with a Polar Pro mount for sale
Thanks tonyb for your note on a 5.5 CS. I think that I will need the largest and brightest screen size to make it future proof. Hopefully DJI will announce something before the weather gets nice for flying.

Thanks tonyb for your note on a 5.5 CS. I think that I will need the largest and brightest screen size to make it future proof. Hopefully DJI will announce something before the weather gets nice for flying.
I get it. I got the 7.8 and it is much easier to see. Good luck

Then let's wait until the new CS2 sees the light ...

I don't see any point in DJI releasing a Crystalsky 2.

1. the CS is still absolutely sufficient for the professional range.
2. in the consumer area there is the Smart Controller. I can imagine that thanks to OccuS. 2.0 will also work for a new Air 2.
3. many professional pilots who bought a CS are very disappointed about the slow updates. They are guaranteed not to spend 1200€ or more again! What should he be able to do better? The brightness of the screen is great. (Ultra)

That's why I don't think there will be a successor this year.
The Android system is old, right! But why install many apps there?

If you can wait, get the original 7.8” CS brand new at a discount after the new CS2 is released. I’m completely satisfied with my CS.

If you can wait, get the original 7.8” CS brand new at a discount after the new CS2 is released. I’m completely satisfied with my CS.
Thomas B......I'm hanging in there so far. As the weather gets nicer it is more difficult to hold on to see if DJI is going to do something. I figured that they would announce something at the end of April (NOW) or sometime in May. Bernd2019 makes a great point about why DJI would do anything new. My luck would be to buy new today and then DJI would come out with CS2 tomorrow.......LOL.

The only reason I could understand at the moment would be the double development of the updates for the apps of DJI. If the Crystal Sky 2 and the Smart Controller have the same hardware and software base, the updates would only have to be rewritten for one system in the future. On the other hand, DJI should have to continue to update their system, the old Crystalsky 1, so I don't see any point in releasing a new model right now.

Blimey.. you still not sold that yet... thought that would of sold months ago.?
Agreed. Unfortunately, people want to buy for next to nothing. The CS is not a garage sale item. Then the questions: what size is it, how many times have you used it, what color is it, original box it came, etc. Give me a break!

Reactions: ajwilson and Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405