DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wait for Mavic Pro II ?

dronecrasher

Reactions
I have a pretty good deal ($1000 all in for a new drone, 3 batteries in total, 6 PL ND filters from PolarPro and a charging hub with extended feet and a remote lock)

Should I pursue or wait a couple of months to get the new one?

I prefer to take stills over videos and size is also important to me (I sound like a woman lol)

Does the aircraft you have been looking at do what you want/need it to? If so then buy it. If you wait for say three months for the Pro 2 then that's three months you've lost..... and time is one thing that you'll never get back.
I have absolutely no regrets at buying a Mavic Air; as a camera platform it does the job very, very well.... and as a UAV to just throw about it's a lot of fun :)

Reactions: MarceloLi
I think the offer is pretty good (but not exceptional). Expect the value of the MavPro to take a small hit when the 2 is announced, but it won’t become worthless overnight. Rumors have it that the 2 will be quite expensive, so my assumption is $1500,-

If you take this into account, then there are the following scenarios:
  1. Buy the offer you have been given. Learn to fly it, enjoy it, and when the 2 is annonced, you can decide whether you will get rid of it and buy the 2.
  2. Keep your money in the pocket, and wait untill the 2 arrives, which could be months from now.
For me, if I didn’t have a drone right now, I would reall want one, so I’d probably get it.

Good luck with the tough decision, and let us know how you went!
Cheers Joost

I agree and appreciate your feedback. I feel like the drone might cost $1300-1500 but then I'll have to purchase two additional batteries ($200+hub), $100 for filters etc so I will be all in easily $1800-$2000

For what?
My priorities are

1) Portability
2) Taking good stills (MP 2 will win but I am in the process of learning how to take 48MP pictures with the mavic which will suffice)
3) Value for the money

I think I will stick with the MP 1

I have a pretty good deal ($1000 all in for a new drone, 3 batteries in total, 6 PL ND filters from PolarPro and a charging hub with extended feet and a remote lock)

I prefer to take stills over videos and size is also important to me (I sound like a woman lol)
There is no Mavic Pro ll!

Pretty good deal.

I think the main question here is if $1000 is your price range. If yes, then go for it. If you're willing to pay more, then wait.
If the rumours about the MP2 are somewhat correct, I would expect a price bump. So if you look at the current price for an MP flymore combo (to achieve the same amount of batteries as your offer), then ask yourself if you're willing to pay that and perhaps $150-250 more.

The pricing is just speculation, just to prove the point.

(Hope this hasn't been posted elsewhere)
I heard there's some convention in Las Vegas starting tomorrow... sort of like CES. Rumors are DJI will make an announcement at the show! Mavic II?

(Hope this hasn't been posted elsewhere)
I heard there's some convention in Las Vegas starting tomorrow... sort of like CES. Rumors are DJI will make an announcement at the show! Mavic II?
Maybe an upgrade for Phantom but Mavic 2 no chance

Last edited:
Love my Mavic Pro but would feel much better with extra sensors, perhaps a larger camera in the works, 5 k perhaps???

Either way the deal you’re looking at is a fair price but I’d choose to wait, especially if you’ve been flying for a while.. Stupid me, I crashed my Mavic Pro several times and during those uneventful moments, catastrophic moments, I learned a lot about what and what not to do. READ THE MANUAL and watch utube, how to videos....

I’d say go for it!

Reactions: stpatrick
There is no Mavic Pro ll!
And this is all rumor. There is no guarantee there will even be a "Mavic Pro II". It could be a totally new named drone with unique capabilities. Sales are good on the current lineup so they should not be in any hurry. And when anything new comes out, it is at its top pricing. I just bought a Spark to go with my Mavic at a good deal, still a fun, capable little buzz bee, and at the lowest price ever. Technology changes fast nowadays but you do better economically to stay one step behind in purchases.

Where did you or anyone get the assumption that there will be a Mavic Pro II, get the deal you are looking at and enjoy life, you can go on wishing and hoping all your life and you will end up with nothing! There may never be a Mavic Pro II!

I have a P4, P4p and a Mavic. I never intended to buy the Mavic but I took my P4p to Az (from the UK) on vacation and crashed it on the third day, so I really needed to replace it and got a good deal on an open box Mavic. Best thing I ever did, the images it produces are great and it is much more responsive than my P4's. I bought the P4p for its camera, but I now rarely use it.
Buy while you can ......

Reactions: MAVA4
I agree and appreciate your feedback. I feel like the drone might cost $1300-1500 but then I'll have to purchase two additional batteries ($200+hub), $100 for filters etc so I will be all in easily $1800-$2000

For what?
My priorities are

1) Portability
2) Taking good stills (MP 2 will win but I am in the process of learning how to take 48MP pictures with the mavic which will suffice)
3) Value for the money

I think I will stick with the MP 1
Hi, the Mavic Pro 1 takes terrific stills as well as video.

Attachments

• org_c28637079984d000_1504266922000.jpg
    org_c28637079984d000_1504266922000.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 80
Where did you or anyone get the assumption that there will be a Mavic Pro II, get the deal you are looking at and enjoy life, you can go on wishing and hoping all your life and you will end up with nothing! There may never be a Mavic Pro II!
I would rephrase it to be "Where did anyone get the assumption that there will be NO mavic pro II or any new enhanced mavic".
just look at dji site, it's all series. Phantom series, Mavic series, Inspire 1&2, Osmo and Osmo2.
dji will die if they don't keep producing new and enhanced product as per their customers demand.
That's the most basic rule of business. Look at apple, Samsung, car manufacture and the rest business world.
With regard to buying choice, I would read the market and make the choice that suites me. Since I already have the MP, I would definitely wait for something better. If you are a beginner and never had a drone before , I would recommend the air or the spark if you don't want to spend more than you need to.

If you're going to wait for the newer, better thing, you'll be waiting forever.

Reactions: zurol
I also have a close friend waiting to buy a Mavi Pro 2. Here the thing..don't know when ..don't know how much and don't know how long for the arrival. It may be Xmas or longer if at all. The thing I see now is the prices are dropping for Mavi Pro now that you never see again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54