DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting for s.skimresources.com

Dronebow

Reactions
Is anyone else experiencing the issue of either on a reply or on a new thread the editor will not show and at the bottom of the browser it says "waiting on s.skimresources.com"? It will just hang waiting on this ad statistics service.

I've tried 2 browsers and 2 different wifi's with the same result. Although Chrome does seem to be a bit faster. I have also tried phantompilots.com and it is doing the same thing.

Thanks, Dronebow. I haven't been able to recreate this but definitely concerning. I'll dig in further and see if I can track it down.

C.
Hmm.. seems before when I changed my wifi it must have defaulted back to the original without my knowledge. On a different router now and this seems to be working ok. I'll continue to test.

I'm unable to recreate on my other router so I think the issue was on my end. Thanks!

Is anyone else experiencing the issue of either on a reply or on a new thread the editor will not show and at the bottom of the browser it says "waiting on s.skimresources.com"? It will just hang waiting on this ad statistics service.

I've tried 2 browsers and 2 different wifi's with the same result. Although Chrome does seem to be a bit faster. I have also tried phantompilots.com and it is doing the same thing.
What you know about?
I always show up! :p

Thanks, Dronebow. I haven't been able to recreate this but definitely concerning. I'll dig in further and see if I can track it down.

C.
Hey @clackey
Ok update on this. On my work router I have this issue. On my home network I do not. Now on my work router if I go to skimresources.com I get the following:

SECURITY THREAT DETECTED AND BLOCKED

Based on Cisco security threat information, access to the web site skimresources.com has been blocked by Cisco's CSIRT using a DNS Response Policy Zone to prevent an attack on your browser. A hostname, network address, or nameserver associated with skimresources.com has been manually identified by CSIRT as hostile which has resulted in this block.

So.. why is skimresources being used is my first question. And secondly, this should raise some suspicion about using that service. Here at Cisco there is a huge effort to ensure security while browsing. This is unlikely to be a mistake, my thoughts anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada