DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting on Mavic Air 2 Accessories

fly_idaho

Reactions
I bought the Fly More combo and found the weakest link to be in the included purse bag. One of the first thing I bought was a padded Mavic bag for drone body. Also got some silicone battery receptor covers and printed my own battery and FAA reg labels with a label maker. I'm interested and waiting for some more accessories like the prop holders, better bags/cases, etc.

What all are people looking forward to and what all is out there already (not interested in stuff shipping from China in 60+ days)

I bought the Fly More combo and found the weakest link to be in the included purse bag. One of the first thing I bought was a padded Mavic bag for drone body. Also got some silicone battery receptor covers and printed my own battery and FAA reg labels with a label maker. I'm interested and waiting for some more accessories like the prop holders, better bags/cases, etc.

What all are people looking forward to and what all is out there already (not interested in stuff shipping from China in 60+ days)
Picked up this case NANUK 915 For DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Made in Quebec

Picked up this case NANUK 915 For DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Made in Quebec
I went with the same case as well. It's my first from them. For my Mavic 2 Pro, I went with a GPC, but for my MA2, I went Nanuk. What I really like are the latches. They feel awesome and work awesome. I also went with the shoulder strap, and if a shoulder strap could possibly be worth thirty some dollars, this one is..

I also use a 10.5" iPad as a flight monitor, and I started thinking about a good tablet mount as soon as I ordered the MA2. I ended up getting a Lifthor tablet mount for my MA2, and what I really like - unlike other options - is that it does not involve hooking onto or otherwise affecting the antenna at all, but rather, it mounts around the RC itself.

I went with the same case as well. It's my first from them. For my Mavic 2 Pro, I went with a GPC, but for my MA2, I went Nanuk. What I really like are the latches. They feel awesome and work awesome. I also went with the shoulder strap, and if a shoulder strap could possibly be worth thirty some dollars, this one is..

I also use a 10.5" iPad as a flight monitor, and I started thinking about a good tablet mount as soon as I ordered the MA2. I ended up getting a Lifthor tablet mount for my MA2, and what I really like - unlike other options - is that it does not involve hooking onto or otherwise affecting the antenna at all, but rather, it mounts around the RC itself.
Don't you still have to carry the LifThor premounted on the RC in a separate backpack, as I remember? That's a lot of kit for such a tiny drone that has transportability and compactness as it's biggest feature. I do love the cool latches on the Nanuk cases! My original M2P came with one from B&H! However, it sits at home while I use the $40 zippered Smatree softsided case, as it is more compact, and came with a free shoulder strap. The smaller softsided case is more comfortable to wear with a shoulder strap for me. I then can comfortably put the RC with mounted iPad in a thin backpack slung comfortably over the same shoulder, with the Smatree case resting under my right armpit. Hoping to do the same with the MA2 when the MA2 Smatree case gets here.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I just don't get the complaints about the soft bag that came with the combo for the Air2..and the Spark.. I guess because I never seem to have both hands free and the last thing I need it to do is find a flat spot so that open a big case. Like Gadget Guy says..compactness is a big feature

Nothing says drone like purse bags! ????

I just don't get the complaints about the soft bag that came with the combo for the Air2..and the Spark.. I guess because I never seem to have both hands free and the last thing I need it to do is find a flat spot so that open a big case. Like Gadget Guy says..compactness is a big feature
I agree. I can pack everything into the Fly More case and it is job done! Compact, light weight, protected, easy to shoulder carry, showerproof, padded. I put a soft rubber band around the props and slip the drone into a fabric pouch with the supplied silica gel pad from the original packing. It fits nicely into the bag cavity. Should last well if treated with care around the zips. Wipe clean. Very easy to live with. ??

I like my Combo Bag too. I carry all the parts that came with it, except for the Charger Module. It's a little Snug, but I like the shoulder strap and the handle on the side.
A little tight around the end of the MA2, but snug.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
To be fair, its not bad and holds everything pretty compact. I am NOT looking for a big hard case (I had a hard carry-on sized roller case for my Phantom 3 and that alone was one of the reasons I rarely flew it anymore. I'm more just interested in what all comes from the 3rd party market as the MA2 appears to be catching on as a pretty sought-after device.

Cheers!

Reactions: kidroc
A nice accessory would be a cute stewardess serving drinks and snacks during the flight.........

oh wait, I'm married, already have that!

Don't you still have to carry the LifThor premounted on the RC in a separate backpack, as I remember? That's a lot of kit for such a tiny drone that has transportability and compactness as it's biggest feature.
Yes, I have taken it off a few times and used the FMC bag and my phone, but it stays on for the most part, and I do carry the RC with the mount installed in my backpack - good memory. I recall posting that in that other thread.. That is one drawback, but I also prefer the larger tablet as a fight monitor, so I see it as a trade off I guess.

I need a place to tuck the freewell filter kit I use on my Osmo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett