DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wannabe Newbie

egearing

Reactions
Hello! I'm a wannabe newbie thinking about getting the Mini 2 Fly More package for recreational use. Then maybe for commercial. Weighing the pros and cons of getting one and finding places nearby that's out of controlled airspace and away from residential areas so as not to annoy the neighbors. I'm in Georgetown, TX and just on the edge of the 5 mile radius from local airport so cannot really fly in the backyard over the fence. Looks like such a fun hobby but don't want to tick people off and not sure how much I would use it once purchased if there aren't places nearby to fly without issue. Anyway, looking forward to getting more info from the forums and thanks for reading this post!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of recommendations and support. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. If you do pick up the Mini2 FMC I think you will be very happy with it. It's close enough to the MA2 in overall quality but $400 less(fmc to fmc) and under the 250g limit so you don't have to worry about registering or worrying about Remote ID when it takes effect. I'm sure people from or familiar with your neck of the woods will chime in with good local areas to fly soon enough.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Greetings!

First, welcome to MP!!!

Next, I think, from my experience, the M2 is a great quad. I went with the M2 Flymore and I love the thing.

Also look down the main forum list, you'll find a discussion are for M2 Pilots.

Hello! I'm a wannabe newbie thinking about getting the Mini 2 Fly More package for recreational use. Then maybe for commercial. Weighing the pros and cons of getting one and finding places nearby that's out of controlled airspace and away from residential areas so as not to annoy the neighbors. I'm in Georgetown, TX and just on the edge of the 5 mile radius from local airport so cannot really fly in the backyard over the fence. Looks like such a fun hobby but don't want to tick people off and not sure how much I would use it once purchased if there aren't places nearby to fly without issue. Anyway, looking forward to getting more info from the forums and thanks for reading this post!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000