DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

War of the Roses

Jaflonpink

Reactions
Hi Guys
I'm new to drone flying, after many fail attempts at flying model Helicopters. Helicopters pre gyro and electronic controls! I live on the Lancashire Yorkshire border in the UK. Unfortunately not the best flying weather in this part of the world!
Enjoying all the very useful posts on this splendid forum.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

I’m an old guy with little disposable income so I’ve a Mavic Mini. To be honest I wish I’d have saved for the Mavic Air 2. Don’t get me wrong I think the Mavic Mini is a fantastic machine, but I live in a windy part of the UK so there are very few days it’s possible to fly. Also seeing videos on the Air 2 it’s what I’m going to save to get ?

@Jaflonpink i can attest to the MM having a limited amount of suitable weather conditions ,light winds here in the UK ,the weather controls more of our flying times than anything else,many times i have gone out with every intention of flying both my MM and MPP ,and have had to abandon the MM part of the flying time when where i have gone to fly has been far to windy for the MM to take to the sky,but it has been ok for the MPP to get airborne ,ironically one day last week ,i went out fairly early in the morning for a days flying ,and the wind was almost non existent
so i flew 2 batteries through the MM had a break for a cuppa at a roadside outlet and then decided to go a few miles away to another great spot to fly, by the time i arrived ,the wind had increased significantly enough ,that even the MPP was being buffeted around in the sudden gusts,so i aired on the side of caution and abandoned the days flying and returned home ,luckily the next day the wind had dropped, and i was able to fly the remaining 3 batts for my MPP and the remaining two batts for my MM

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance here. We look forward to your contribution.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

I’m an old guy with little disposable income so I’ve a Mavic Mini. To be honest I wish I’d have saved for the Mavic Air 2. Don’t get me wrong I think the Mavic Mini is a fantastic machine, but I live in a windy part of the UK so there are very few days it’s possible to fly. Also seeing videos on the Air 2 it’s what I’m going to save to get ?

Welcome to our forum!
I feel your pain! Years ago, my family and I walked the wall in York. Weather was perfect. By the time we finished, the wind was howling, and rain was coming down sideways. We laughed as we got soaked. People thought we were crazy, but soon they were laughing too. Loved it! BTW, you're not really old at all. I'm 78, and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. Enjoy your Mini. Hope you win the lottery, or something, so you can upgrade!

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
As you have seen, there are many knowledgeable members willing to help you get started, as away!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N