DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning exporting a panorama is dangerous

jvachez

Reactions
Warning exporting a panorama is dangerous !

When you make a panorama with DJI Go, you can export the panorama back to the aircraft.

Don't do it while flying ! This feature is bugued and dangerous ! Instead of exporting the panorama it disconnects RC from aircraft !

Warning exporting a panorama is dangerous !

When you make a panorama with DJI Go, you can export the panorama back to the aircraft.

Don't do it while flying ! This feature is bugued and dangerous ! Instead of exporting the panorama it disconnects RC from aircraft !

Can you elaborate on what you were doing when it happened. I took some panos this past weekend and did the stitching/transfer while still in the air and I had no issues.

I reported this some time back.
28th Nov: Pano working fine(ish). A couple of questions.

Once you've created the panorama, there's an option in the top right to export the stitched panorama back to the MP. This results in MP, RC and app needing to be rebooted.

Edit: This was on Android, btw.

Last edited:
Why would try to export it while you were still flying? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Why would try to export it while you were still flying? Sounds like a terrible idea.
That is so far from the point of this thread, or my original one!
I haven't tried it in flight, and, as far as I know, the OP hasn't either.

We both posted a warning.

The function is there in the app. When I was first trying panorama's I checked to see if it worked when I was sat at home. Simple.

Most new functions, however, don't cause the MP to "instantly totally crash" ... (in the software sense) ... and need to be rebooted, along with RC and app ... whether you are in the air or not.

What we are both saying is, if you d/l and stitch the pano images whilst the MP is in flight (and I've read on this forum of people doing this ... tho I personally wouldn't) .... DON'T FRIGGING TRY THE UPLOAD WHEN FLYING! or ACCIDENTALLY CLICK THE ICON.

That is so far from the point of this thread, or my original one!
That point seemed to be the main point of what the OP posted. Again, why would anyone do any of that while in flight? Seems like a terrible idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest