DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning: Maximum flight distance reached. Adjust in MC Settings if necessary?

CandyMan_ZA

Reactions
I experienced something very unusual yesterday with my Mavic Pro. This was the first time I experienced this. Let me explain.

As Cape Town had a break in the South Easter I decided to Go Fly. I went to Blouberg Beach and flew up and down the beach, no problems whatsoever. Except for the occasional DJI GO 4 app that crashes, but that is another issue for a different discussion. The maximum distance from me that I flew was just over 300m. I flew twice and used up one and a half batteries. The sea was stunning with the breaking waves on the shore, some surfers enjoying the swells and Table Mountain in the distance. I digress. Anyhow, I packed up and took a ride on my bike to another location, Malanshoogte. I climbed up a koppie and launched my Mavic. I received some high wind velocity warnings but all was good. I then got a warning on the Controller, “Warning: Maximum flight altitude reached. Adjust in MC Settings if necessary” (or something similar). I was only at 30m. I then flew away from me and at 50m I got another warning, “Warning: Maximum flight distance reached. Adjust in MC Settings if necessary” (or something similar). As my battery was at 29% I thought maybe it was due to this so I landed and swapped out for a fresh battery. Same thing, as soon as I reach 30m altitude the red light on the MP comes on and I get this warning. Same thing flying away from me in any direction, at 50m the red light comes on with this warning.

I am not in Beginner Mode nor have any Maximum Altitude or Distance Limit Restrictions set in the DJI GO 4 App. I was in Flight Mode on my Samsung Galaxy S6 the whole day, so no updates were done in between flights. I made no changes to any settings whatsoever between flights.

Maybe I was in restricted air space?

I can add that there was some other odd behavior I experienced so not sure if this is in any way related but I will mention it. My flights over Blouberg Beach were not video cached on my phone? I thought I had forgotten to hit record but when checking the SIM card I have all the recordings. Yet the flights over the Malanshoogte koppie (hill) were video cached? Also in DJI GO 4 under Flight Records I can see the flight paths up and down the beach yet nothing is logged for the flights over the koppie?

Most odd behavior, anyone also experienced something similar or could possibly shed some light? I haven’t tested a flight again, but if the wind calms down today I may go for a test flight.

Kevin

Last edited:
Did you re-register in DJI Go? You may have been limited because of that.

I had the same problem on the weekend. It happened on my Spark a while back. I powered off and on again on my Mavic and it was fine after that. But happened when I swapped my batteries. Not entirely sure if it might be battery fw. That reminded me, I probably should check fw of my batt #2 & #3. Batt #1 is always ok.

Did you re-register in DJI Go? You may have been limited because of that.
It probably wasn’t the cause of your problem, but more likely what the other posters have said. What I really meant to say was re-login since DJI recently put height and distance limitations until you did. Good luck with finding and overcoming the actual problem.

Even so, aliens could be the problem.

Ok, some feedback. There was no wind at 6am this morning so I went to fly. I didn’t quite climb up the same koppie but parked on the road below it, 546m from the summit, and 4.69kms from the Morningstar Airfield.

Checklist:
1. Reboot phone
2. Switched phone into Airplane Mode
3. I made sure I switched on the RC first, then the MP and then started DJI GO 4
4. I calibrated the compass
5. Sport Mode switch off
6. Beginner Mode not active
7. Am logged into DJI GO 4
8. Video Cache Cleared
9. I checked for updates last night, connected all 3 batteries and rechecked, no updates available

I am ready to fly. All was good, no wind at all, a beautiful morning over the farms. Checked height, I could easily exceed the 30m, in fact I reached the max altitude of 500m. I checked distance, at 3000m I turned around as I was on 47% battery. So I don’t know, either it was a freak once-off experience due to a bug or a flight restriction from the top of the koppie. I will climb it again and confirm.

I switched to Sport Mode and OMW the MP is so much more fun to fly :-o I am loving my MP.

Reactions: Clinton1
It just happens occasionally, and fully closing the app before relaunching, sometimes rebooting aircraft and RC too clears it.

Reactions: CandyMan_ZA
Very nice CandyMan-ZA (Kevin) :) Cape Town was my home for a very long time. Off to Stil Baai next week, taking Mavic along for some awesome shots.
Go follow my YouTube Channel then I will follow yours as well, nice to see what others are doing with their video Thumbswayup

Reactions: Clinton1
I experienced something very unusual yesterday with my Mavic Pro. This was the first time I experienced this. Let me explain.

As Cape Town had a break in the South Easter I decided to Go Fly. I went to Blouberg Beach and flew up and down the beach, no problems whatsoever. Except for the occasional DJI GO 4 app that crashes, but that is another issue for a different discussion. The maximum distance from me that I flew was just over 300m. I flew twice and used up one and a half batteries. The sea was stunning with the breaking waves on the shore, some surfers enjoying the swells and Table Mountain in the distance. I digress. Anyhow, I packed up and took a ride on my bike to another location, Malanshoogte. I climbed up a koppie and launched my Mavic. I received some high wind velocity warnings but all was good. I then got a warning on the Controller, “Warning: Maximum flight altitude reached. Adjust in MC Settings if necessary” (or something similar). I was only at 30m. I then flew away from me and at 50m I got another warning, “Warning: Maximum flight distance reached. Adjust in MC Settings if necessary” (or something similar). As my battery was at 29% I thought maybe it was due to this so I landed and swapped out for a fresh battery. Same thing, as soon as I reach 30m altitude the red light on the MP comes on and I get this warning. Same thing flying away from me in any direction, at 50m the red light comes on with this warning.

I am not in Beginner Mode nor have any Maximum Altitude or Distance Limit Restrictions set in the DJI GO 4 App. I was in Flight Mode on my Samsung Galaxy S6 the whole day, so no updates were done in between flights. I made no changes to any settings whatsoever between flights.

Maybe I was in restricted air space?

I can add that there was some other odd behavior I experienced so not sure if this is in any way related but I will mention it. My flights over Blouberg Beach were not video cached on my phone? I thought I had forgotten to hit record but when checking the SIM card I have all the recordings. Yet the flights over the Malanshoogte koppie (hill) were video cached? Also in DJI GO 4 under Flight Records I can see the flight paths up and down the beach yet nothing is logged for the flights over the koppie?

Most odd behavior, anyone also experienced something similar or could possibly shed some light? I haven’t tested a flight again, but if the wind calms down today I may go for a test flight.

Kevin
I had exactly the same thing happen with the Mavic Air, first time flying it would not fly higher that 10 metres so I changed the setting and then it was fine and then changed it back after that no problem

Then yesterday I got the warning Maximum distance reached and I had not flown more than 25 metres high 10 metres forward, so I brought it down to 10 metres and then went up again and the warning disappeared.

The Mavic Air is only a few day old so I’m thinking it’s a software glitch that DJI need to resolve and it’s down to their new restrictions they have introduced, something isn’t always functioning properly.

Happens to me also when at higher Altitude in the mountains. It switches on my payload setting so I have to go in and turn it off. Annoying.

Just happened to me. I was in a 150 foot zone at about 200 feet...each aircraft that was lined up for landing apparently sent me that same Max Flt Alt Rchd. No control would work UNTIL you hold the RTH button for a couple seconds. It turns and heads to home...you can then cancel RTH and fly away from the restricted area. Important: Make sure your RTH altitude preference (appx 230 feet for me) is set in the app or you WILL hit a branch and crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7