DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning Message: "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performancewill be affected"

tprisher

Reactions
I purchased a Mavic Pro in Jun 2019 and have flown it over 14 hours. I am using an Ipad Mini 4 for my mobile device. I bought the Mini 4 after using a Samsung Note 9 for the first month. I bought the Mini 4 because it seemed to be the mobile device everyone recommended.
The last 2 weeks I started getting the warning message: “Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.” After I get this message the picture on my Ipad gets choppy and lags.
After each message I came home and:
1) search the internet.
2) Found a suggested solution.
3) Made the setup change in GO4 app and/or on the Ipad Mini 4
4) Then flew again and got the massage again.
I have repeated this process about 6 times in the last two weeks and I have gotten the warning message each time I flew. I have read many post on the internet dating back to 2017 about this problem and no one seems to have a solution. I have chatted with and called DJI customer support and found no help. I am looking for anyone who has had this problem and found a solution. I can’t believe this problem has been occurring since 2017 and DJI hasn’t found a fix.
I’m afraid the GO 4 app has been modified and updated to the point that the Ipad Mini 4 no longer has the horses to successfully run the app.
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

I purchased a Mavic Pro in Jun 2019 and have flown it over 14 hours. I am using an Ipad Mini 4 for my mobile device. I bought the Mini 4 after using a Samsung Note 9 for the first month. I bought the Mini 4 because it seemed to be the mobile device everyone recommended.
The last 2 weeks I started getting the warning message: “Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.” After I get this message the picture on my Ipad gets choppy and lags.
After each message I came home and:
1) search the internet.
2) Found a suggested solution.
3) Made the setup change in GO4 app and/or on the Ipad Mini 4
4) Then flew again and got the massage again.
I have repeated this process about 6 times in the last two weeks and I have gotten the warning message each time I flew. I have read many post on the internet dating back to 2017 about this problem and no one seems to have a solution. I have chatted with and called DJI customer support and found no help. I am looking for anyone who has had this problem and found a solution. I can’t believe this problem has been occurring since 2017 and DJI hasn’t found a fix.
I’m afraid the GO 4 app has been modified and updated to the point that the Ipad Mini 4 no longer has the horses to successfully run the app.
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
How frustrating.. Buying recommended (and expensive..) tech, just to have it bring more harm than joy.. :(

Just a thought, have you tried closing all of the apps running in the background before take off? Also to turn off as many settings as you can find, which may require some resources to operate. Like dynamic background picture and such. If you haven’t, you might try the above, and putting the iPad in flight mode before take off.

Never had the issue myself, not using a iPad Mini though. Using a iPhone 7 Plus. Figuring the iPad should have more processing power (not sure though). I follow the procedures I listed above.

If the warning is appearing in the flight logs, you could try to e-mail the log to DJI support (different departement then the chat and phone operators) and ask then to check what might be wrong.

Do you have access to another Mavic? If you could borrow a friends or so, you could try to fly with the same iPad just to see if the same issue would appear.

Flagmaskin. Thanks for the reply. I do not have access to another Mavic.
Let me provide some more information. I am using an Ipad Mini 4; with 16gb of storage; Wifi plus cellular; without a sim card. The Ipad Mini 4 is dedicated to the Mavic Pro. It has all the apps removed except the GO4. Therefore no apps running in the background (I think).
Here are the Ipad settings I have tried:
1) Dynamic background OFF
2) Airplane mode turned On. Airplane mode OFF
3) Location services turned On. Location services OFF
4) Background App refresh OFF
5) Notifications OFF
6) Deleted cache on Ipad
Here are the GO 4 settings I have tried:
1) Cache Map in the Background OFF
2) Video Cache during Shooting OFF

Make sure the iPad stays cool, no case and shaded from the sun. As it heats up it will throttle down and reduce performance. Since it's already a bit on the edge performance wise that's enough to quickly cross the "limit".

Using ipad mini 3 with my Mavic pro. It has at least 5 large apps on it due to grandaughter! NO settings
have been changed, I just link via hotspot to my samsung phone and I have had no problems with go4 ?
I dont even turn on airplane mode, even get notifications while flying from the apps with no problems.
Have you checked the cable? ios cables are not the best I gone through at least 5 in a year? No idea why
they die or stop working!

I bet you are dealing with a memory issue on the ipad. 16gb memory on iPads gets filled up very fast with all the Apple updates as well. How much free memory do you still have available on it?

That was my thought too. A Mini 4 under normal circumstances should have more than enough poke to run Go 4 but 16Gb is on the skinny side.

I’ve got an iPad mini 4 I use for the mavic pro. It’s a 128GB model. Keep in mind even though this iPad mini was current until earlier this year, the CPU is the same they put in the iPhone 6s or 7 I believe. I’m not noticing the issue you have UNTIL I try screen recording the iPad mini using the native feature. Try force closing all your apps. I don’t have to on mine but maybe it will help yours wish lower overall storage. The iPad mini 5, will 100% work perfectly fine but it’s a cost of course. Good luck!

I don't think it's as much as the "internal storage" of the device (16 gb vs 64 gb), but more like the amount of RAM the device has to use, (along with processor speed. AND the Go4 app has grown in resource needs as the "updates" progressed. One may try one of the earier version of the Go4 app and see what happens. Just make sure when you uininstall the app, go into your file manager and delete ALL DJI folders and content BEFORE you install a new version to try.

Here you can find all the previous versions:
The OP has an iPad running iOS so sending them to a site with old android versions of Go4 isn’t going to help.
OP, try force closing everything other than Go4 and powering off the iPad and then restarting it. That should clear RAM.

The OP has an iPad running iOS so sending them to a site with old android versions of Go4 isn’t going to help.
OP, try force closing everything other than Go4 and powering off the iPad and then restarting it. That should clear RAM.

I messed up, I fixed it.
Sorries...

Flagmaskin. Thanks for the reply. I do not have access to another Mavic.
Let me provide some more information. I am using an Ipad Mini 4; with 16gb of storage; Wifi plus cellular; without a sim card. The Ipad Mini 4 is dedicated to the Mavic Pro. It has all the apps removed except the GO4. Therefore no apps running in the background (I think).
Here are the Ipad settings I have tried:
1) Dynamic background OFF
2) Airplane mode turned On. Airplane mode OFF
3) Location services turned On. Location services OFF
4) Background App refresh OFF
5) Notifications OFF
6) Deleted cache on Ipad
Here are the GO 4 settings I have tried:
1) Cache Map in the Background OFF
2) Video Cache during Shooting OFF

Are you still experiencing issues? I have same issues and same iPad Mini 4 with 16gb

I’m not noticing the issue you have UNTIL I try screen recording the iPad mini using the native feature.

Thanks Max. This is probably the answer for a lot of us. Overall, the replies to this thread were the most helpful of any I've encountered on this forum. Good job, all! I opened a similar thread today, but this older thread answered my main query. My old iPhone 6+ is more than adequate - as long as nothing else is running in the background. That includes updates, screen recording, Google work apps, location services, messaging, etc.

Nicely answered here. Whew! What a relief...

Reactions: RussGuss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242