DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning. The Fly app 1.4.8 isn't stable.

Gregtay67

Reactions
First day installed the fly app 1.4.8.
Brought 2 batteries to shoot some video.
No problems with first battery. Landed, changed batt and took off again. After 10 mins in the air the app freezes. But not completely. Everything on screen does not respond at all. Funny thing is the Camera video feed was still working. Remote was working. After I landed the Air 2S i couldn't even stop the video recording. Any one experienced this? Although I like the new radar scope on the bottom right, and the camera controls, I will be rolling back to the previous version. Using Redmi Note 10 pro with 8gb ram.

Update: After I looked at the video clips, the app seems to function because after the drone landed. I tapped stop button to stop the recording. Nothing happened. Actually it did stop recording. And started recording when I pressed the record button again and started and stopped several times. So the interface was working but nothing was moving.

Last edited:
Not that I remember, I use an iPad air 4. Have you looked at the compatibility list?

On my iPhone, I've had no issues after several flights with 1.4.8 on IOS.

Reactions: Gregtay67
No problems with first battery. Landed, changed batt and took off again. After 10 mins in the air the app freezes. But not completely. Everything on screen does not respond at all. Funny thing is the Camera video feed was still working. Remote was working. After I landed the Air 2S i couldn't even stop the video recording. Any one experienced this? Although I like the new radar scope on the bottom right, and the camera controls, I will be rolling back to the previous version. Using Redmi Note 10 pro with 8gb ram.

Update: After I looked at the video clips, the app seems to function because after the drone landed. I tapped stop button to stop the recording. Nothing happened. Actually it did stop recording. And started recording when I pressed the record button again and started and stopped several times. So the interface was working but nothing was moving.
Same thing happened to me. I must add that on two occasions, when using the RTH app button, the screen froze and kept showing the Land, RTH buttons, although the drone returned home successfully. I'm using a Samsung A51, and had no issues with previous versions. I just uninstalled 1.4.8, deleted the DJI folder and installed the 1.4.4. No issues after that.

I had this bad experience twice last weekend. Also the baterry indicator froze on the flight so i could not know if it could back home at time.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Using 1.4.8 on an Android device, I also had loads of problems. Either telemetry or fpv video would freeze. I had enough of it and rolled back to 1.4.2, which is the version I was using when I got the drone and I never had any problems at all with it.

The software freeze, or errors like it are often due to the compatibility of the APP and the actual hardware it is installed on.

Reactions: sharkface
Yesterday there was another thread that reported problems with the DJI Fly app.

Here is the post from Bruchpilot that you should read:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello,

there were 2 versions of the Fly App 1.4.8, the current one = 1120. The previous version 1116 was secretly exchanged for the 1120. Check your version and download the new 1120, this may fix the error.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So for anyone who is experiencing issues with v.1.4.8 of the DJI Fly app, uninstall the app and download the latest version of 1.4.8 which includes the numbers "1120" in the download version.

I did 2 flights following the re-install and have not seen any issues .... yet....!

No issues since updating on my Lenovo M10. Has been pretty flawless.

yes, there is an APK update now out on this... I had the same issues, so going to try it out soon.

It would be nice if DJI actually made it clear, specially it seems for Droid users, that they are updating the builds without having the software release number change. They should have made it 1.4.9 if they don't want to add more sub version numbers like 1.4.8.1 or something..

How in the world do you know your running the latest version unless its made obvious that the software has changed, without someone coming along and going, BTW, the build # changed..

Reactions: Jam0ne
I had the same issues on my android so i got in touch with dji CS they told me to download the 1.4.8 from the site and reinstall i did but haven't tried it yet i will try it today

I had the same issues on my android so i got in touch with dji CS they told me to download the 1.4.8 from the site and reinstall i did but haven't tried it yet i will try it today
Yeah I'm wondering if it would be better to do that rather than uninstall, roll back and then upgrade from the older version. I'll have to try a direct download later.

Reactions: Steel63
It would be nice if DJI actually made it clear, specially it seems for Droid users, that they are updating the builds without having the software release number change. They should have made it 1.4.9 if they don't want to add more sub version numbers like 1.4.8.1 or something..

How in the world do you know your running the latest version unless its made obvious that the software has changed, without someone coming along and going, BTW, the build # changed..
I agree with you Macinfo. In the hurry to bury their last buggy update 1.4.8, they didn't consider the fact that many users who updated right away would be stuck using a defective version of the DJI Fly app.
They should have just updated 1.4.8 to a higher number with the usual info that it fixed bugs from earlier version...!

Yes even my downloader is asking if I want to download the same app again.... Crazy

Reactions: Steel63

I had an almost identical issue yesterday. First battery was fine. Second battery seemed to have a 30 second screen lag. In fact, when I was putting the drone in my car after landing the iPad was still showing the drone landing. Video on the SD card in the drone was normal but the video lag made the drone unusable. I was on a commercial inspection shoot. I'll try again today but I'll be bringing my old Mavic as a backup so I can get the job done.

I had issues with app freezing until I upgraded to am ipad mini 5 then no issues at all. What they don't tell you is that the new version is a resource hog and some of the tablets that worked before won't work with the update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas