DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning Zones

tbw

Reactions
I have been flying my mini on my property, which is 4 acres in size. When I tap on the Warning Zone option, it will display my current location which is in the center of my 4 acres. After tapping the Warning Zone option, not only does it show my current location, it does not give any indication of any warning zones on the screen.

However, there are some pop-ups The first has a yellow indicator and states"Aircraft in Warning zone (Airport). Altitude adjusted to 150 feet".

The second pop-up has a green indicator and states "Home Point updated. RTH altitude adjusted to 150 feet ".

The third pop-up has a yellow indicator and states " Payload mode enabled. Max altitude adjusted to 98 feet and max distance set to 164 feet. Fly in a wind-free Environment to ensure flight safety".

I somewhat understand the altitude, what bothers me is the max distance adjustment to only 164 feet. I'm not able to even reach halfway to the entrance of my property.

If I'm flying over my property and there are no warning zones, why are there limitations being set on both distance and altitude?

I have been flying my mini on my property, which is 4 acres in size. When I tap on the Warning Zone option, it will display my current location which is in the center of my 4 acres. After tapping the Warning Zone option, not only does it show my current location, it does not give any indication of any warning zones on the screen.

However, there are some pop-ups The first has a yellow indicator and states"Aircraft in Warning zone (Airport). Altitude adjusted to 150 feet".

The second pop-up has a green indicator and states "Home Point updated. RTH altitude adjusted to 150 feet ".

The third pop-up has a yellow indicator and states " Payload mode enabled. Max altitude adjusted to 98 feet and max distance set to 164 feet. Fly in a wind-free Environment to ensure flight safety".

I somewhat understand the altitude, what bothers me is the max distance adjustment to only 164 feet. I'm not able to even reach halfway to the entrance of my property.

If I'm flying over my property and there are no warning zones, why are there limitations being set on both distance and altitude?
are you using the prop guards or any add ones like landing gear extensions or nave lights these can switch on payload mode check in the app and see if its turned on,unfortunately if you put the prop guards pay load mode is switched on automatically, the height limit could be because you are in a restricted zone where aircraft can fly below the 400 ft limit as they come in to land at the airport

Reactions: WooZie
Yes, as a new pilot, I'm flying with the prop guards on and have enabled the payload option. By why limit my max distance I can fly to 194 feet? I have a full charge on both the RC and Mini. I can only travel half the distance of my driveway before I hit that invisible wall and can go no further?

Last edited:
That is part of the payload option. You have to take off the propeller guards. This drove me crazy the first couple days I was flying mine, I could only go a certain distance and then it wound go no further, take the guards off. As far as the no fly zone, I too am in an airport area, I had to go to their "fly safe" site and register, every time I fly, and land, I have to check off something like 4 boxes that basically say I agree to the rules and then I have no problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000