DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was I Wrong to assume the CS would save it's data to one of the SD cards ??

Anthony

Reactions
I really do like my CS it fells well built and the screen fantastic. .... I just seem to have found myself being disappointed with some of the features.

I just feels like ALMOST a perfect product.

Such a shame really.

Do we think this is something that an update can fix ??

Curious... if it doesn't save it's data to the MicroSD card, then where does it save to?

And while we're here, does it have a mic built in for audio recording too?

Curious... if it doesn't save it's data to the MicroSD card, then where does it save to?

And while we're here, does it have a mic built in for audio recording too?

The data is saved to the internal memory and yes it does have a Mic.

Reactions: dannyw777
Hmmm.. wasn't aware of that...

So how much video can it cache locally?

Daft that you can't save to a sd card! No options to change that setting I guess?

Hmmm.. wasn't aware of that...

So how much video can it cache locally?

Daft that you can't save to a sd card! No options to change that setting I guess?

Well the 5.5 is fitted with 32 gig of internal Ram so big enough for a number of 4k flights .... some people are saying that you can move the files from the internal memory to the SD cards but I have not been able to do that. The CS will take upto a 128 gig SD card just a shame I can't tell it to record directly to it.

Still waiting for mine to be delivered - good to know these pitfalls (for want of a better word) in advance - cheers Thumbswayup

Still waiting for mine to be delivered - good to know these pitfalls (for want of a better word) in advance - cheers Thumbswayup

I didn't appreciate that either when I first got mine but... Since it's only recording in 1080/720p (remember it's getting the data transmission) it should hold about 2-3 hours of video. Also you can move the video to an SD card or transmit it using D trans to another device wirelessly and then erase it from the internal memory. I realized how supply I was being when it occurred to me that I actually want the 4k footage and not the lower grade 1080/720p footage. As far as I'm concerned, if the monitor erases old footage and replacing it for new, I would be okay with that. The true genius of the system is that 1. the data transfer footage is mainly for review or live streaming and 2. you can also take the SD card from the Mavic and view that footage in the Crystalsky or even move it to a larger card {2ea 128g cards or 256g!) in the CS to free up space on your Mavic SD card.

I guess DJI engineers couldn't figure out why we would want to save almost 300g of lower res footage and reserved the SD card slots for data transfer. In fact, as you probably know, you can hook up any portable USB storage device to it as well and move files any direction you want. I haven't tried it but I imagine you could even cord transfer from the Mavic to a SD card in the CS if you have that kind of time.

The user interface is not very slick to copy the files over, any other apps suggested to do this or to find a option to copy the files from mavic to SD slot directly?

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929