DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watched This Vid Today About Batteries, ... Solid Advice, ... Or Too Extreme ???

Nothing of what he says is extreme... that's how you do it if you care for the battery, want a long service life out of them & want to prevent disastrous events airborne .

Some claim that they can afford buying new batteries & doesn't care about service life... they prefer to have immediate access to fully charged batteries all the time. All that is good... except the fact that you never knows when a battery takes it's "last breath" and give up, either due to a failing cell or a rapid swelling that pushes the battery out of the drone. Imagine if flying over some inaccessible lands or water & one cell in the battery fails & falls below 3.0V... a DJI drone will here start a forced auto landing which you can't stop. Or the battery swells rapidly & gets pushed out of the drone cutting the power completely, the drone will fall like a rock... neither of these 2 incidents will usually end well & in most cases the incidents originate out from how the batteries have been treated.

This was the only vid that stressed the Lipo Bag idea. I can see why it's a good idea. He even suggested putting the bag in a metal ammo can while charging. It gives me cause for a pause and reconsider storing the hard case in a safe with batts in it. A house fire might have serious consequences for the interior of the safe.

Also saw a vid that stated the drone should not have a battery installed while in storage ???

Anyone have a serious incident with battery explosions. I question how it is allowable to carry-on a drone with batteries while flying.

Reactions: Torque
Good advice. I would consider these as best practices and certainly not extreme.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS